. . . . chapter forty-two.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

SONG     OF     THE     DAY     :
last train home - john mayer

. . . . . .

the familiarity given by sharing a home with seo youngho was all falling on hasegawa chiasa.

now, she was up an hour earlier that usual during work days, cooking bacon and eggs. fun fact : she disliked having to cook breakfast for another person. this person was an exception, of course.

she's made him an only exception to everything after all.

the man himself, wearing a black button down long sleeve polo, walked out of the bathroom to somewhere in the living room near her sights, speedily ruffling his hair with a towel for it to dry. once their eyes locked, he smiled, rushing towards her.

"good morning! that smells nice."

he planted kiss on her shoulderblade, arms wrapped around her waist. the contact quickened her heartbeat. it showed with how the corners of her lips curled up to reveal her pearly teeth.

though already having mind afloat as always whenever he's around, she kept her focus on frying. an egg that was merely centimeters away soon found itself trapped in her hands.

"how do you like your eggs cooked?"

he pulled away from the embrace to further stare at himself in a mirror, answering nonchalantly, "fertilized."

"what the fuck."

"sunny side up is fine," youngho backed up quickly.

chia whipped up a sunny side up (not fertilized) with the perfect runny yolk to his request within five minutes. she placed the finished plate on the table beside a bacon platter and a bowl of rice, proud of her masterpiece.

already physically prepped up, he walked to the dining table, noticing only one set of tableware placed above. "have you eaten?"

"i had coffee."

"only coffee?"

"i kinda only eat eggs when they're omelets. and i always screw up my omelets. i'll pick something up from 7/11 on my way to work instead."

with bacon stuffed into his mouth, he tilted his head. "oh? should've told me then! i cook the best omelets."

"the best?"

"the best."

in unison, the pair broke into a giggle fit.

"cook for me tomorrow then."

"gladly." he glanced at his gold watch, abetter idea forming. "i'll cook you some right now actually."

she gasped. "now? your study with doyoung is in fifteen minutes! it takes like ten on a normal day to drive to the library from here, but since it's monday, there's more than 'normal day' traffic. you wouldn't wanna be late."

youngho chuckled at how she looked more scared for adjustment in his personal schedules, finding it rather sexy in some way too. he did like women with high senses of concern. "doyoung can wait."

there came the beams.

she was more than used to it. she was more than used to waking up beside him, may that be on her bed, or the couch, or the floor, or the kitchen island (don't ask). more than used to watching him suit up every morning to run errands. more than used to his magical way of making the tastiest americano she's ever had. and more than used to smiling wider than she's ever had for years.

everything he'd introduced, she already thoughtfully familiarized herself with. and it was going well. excellent, even.

chia hoped all would be never-ending.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )