. . . . chapter twenty-two.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

SONG OF THE DAY :
never be the same - camila cabello

. . . . . .

[ challenge to self : finish this in exactly one month (johnny day) ]

"i really want to fucking smoke."

"you cannot fucking smoke. you can't just lose a bet to some guy."

the restaurant got less and less customers as their shifts neared the end (surprising, since people were usually more eager to dine in at night. it was part-bar after all). the people weren't to blame though; it was early in january and maybe they lost money over the holidays. gift season was really painful for pockets.

so since they weren't loaded, jace and chia had more time to chat.

"chia!" their manager yelled from the employee door's front, holding up his neon green lighter paired with a box of marlboro black. "let's hit some?"

the woman was practically drooling over an imaginary pack of cigarettes, and now her boss was fueling the desire. she wanted to end everything right there.

"n-no thank you, sir," she barely resisted the urge, bottom lip already bleeding from how much she bit it .

the boss stood there, taken aback. the biggest smoker he knows turning down a smoke break offer? after his large reaction though, he just shrugged. good for her.

once the man was out of their sights, jace changed the topic. "how's it going with the guy?"

"he um, called me by his ex's name."

"oh fuck. while you were doing it?"

"for the love of god, we did not do it!" she exclaimed, smacking his arm. "never will."

"anything can happen."

chia only rolled her eyes.

"you know, i don't know much about the guy yet but i like him for you," he shared. "i mean he helped you stop that nicotine addiction, he probably knows secrets i don't because you had your 'rooftop deep talks' phase, and he hasn't killed you within your days of living together? amazing dude."

still, she continued pretending that the idea of being with youngho was disgusting. it really was, right? what was ever desirable about him? definitely not her type. definitely.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )