. . . . chapter fifty-four.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ

SONG       OF       THE      DAY       :
wish you were sober - conan gray

. . . . . .

carrying her on his back was a trip.

with her chin rested on his shoulder, chia gagged. youngho panicked. his assisting grip remaining firm after the shock that brough was miraculous.

she was audacious enough to laugh afterwards, saying, "false alarm."

"do you like me, john?"

she burst out giggling at her own saying of the name. who knew she'd once consider a man named john the love of her life? the 'young hoe' thing was enough.

"of course."

"why?"

the three-letter question admittedly made him think. would it be smart to list down particular things until he loses his voice? perhaps it would not, no? perhaps there was only one preferable answer.

"is reasoning really necessary? you're . . . . very much you. that's enough."

the part of her in charge of grading responses was still fully functional somehow. in her head, she already had the short answer evaluated.

cliché. 7/10.

"you like me, but you like your jang seoyeon more, right?"

"i don't."

"you do!" she exclaimed. "what's not to like? her blondie hair smells like fruit, and her makeup has no smudges, and she styles like she's about to go to new york fashion week everywhere, and her voice is so sweet anyone would melt hearing it the first time, and she's so poised, and she's so easy to love. she's perfect.

"i don't even know why you're here with me. shouldn't you be home to her by now?"

honestly speaking, he had already forgotten about jang seoyeon. chia's way of describing her made it seem like she was the ex who couldn't move on though.

"i'm here with you because i like you. and i couldn't care less about her."

"liar. you say that to all your women, don't you? i bet you're just two-timing. three-timing. oh no no, i bet you have a whole class list of mistresses. pfff, men are all the same. put me down, asshole."

she was glad he caught on her not meaning the last sentence. she'd probably only fall to the stone floor head first the minute he puts her down.

chia was too out of herself to remember how to make her two feet work.

after all that's been said, youngho was stupefied. he couldn't even form any of the words hanging on the tip of his tongue.

mistresses?

"i-- no!"

( ❑❑❑ )

he was wrong to think chaos would be over once they reach her unit.

(on the other hand, he was lucky enough to have an old spare key with him. he didn't trust drunk chia to give hers without causing a scene.)

the first thing chia did with the ability to finally be able to move and hold her weight with stability was hop on the kitchen counter.

"you know why i always keep this area soooooo damn clean?" she ran her hand through the granite surface. "i've always dreamt of the wife scenario. making out in the kitchen! wanna try?"

youngho cleared his throat as his entire face down to the uncovered part of his neck flushed red.

"not now."

"but . . . a small kiss instead then?"

"no."

"you're no fun!"

truth be told, he wanted to. but not under these circumstances. not when she barely means half the shit she's been saying. not when she was blackout drunk. and definitely not now that they're broken up. there was no reason for him to do it.

oh how he wished she was sober.

"get kisses from someone tomorrow," he said.

soon enough, his face was engulfed between her cold hands. she moved it side to side with no regards to his neck sore from his carrying, grinning from ear to ear.

"your lisp is cute. i wanna marry you."

for a moment, he smiled. then melancholy hit. he pulled her hands away.

"you don't."

"you keep saying that. who are you to . . . dictate my life. johnny the dictator. dick-tater. ew."

he sighed. "let's go to bed."

"you go to the bed with me?"

" . . . . . no. well, i'll bring you there. but not like-- not-- not on the bed with you."

"sleep with me."

youngho managed to successfully drag her to the bedroom in spite of the simultaneous weird remarks she spat.

she lied down, facing him who sat on a random stool on the right side of the bed. it was obvious how she was fighting for her life to keep her own eyes open in the comfort of her bed.

"goodnight, chia."

her yawn was followed by a contradicting statement. "i'm not sleepy at all. i could go for another walk. you want?"

tucking her in, his tone softened a little more. "go to sleep."

"bbbbuuuttt, when i wake up in the morning, you'll be gone. like last time. and i'll-- i'll cry about it for another two months."

the atmosphere developed into one emitting bittersweetness. youngho pursed his lips, looking in her eyes intently.

"i won't."

"promise?"

chia pulled her pinky out. he knew that on a normal day, she'd cuss out anyone who'd force her to do pinky promises. truly a laugable matter, but he played along.

"promise."

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )