. . . . chapter thirty-eight.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

SONG    OF    THE    DAY    :
she looks so perfect - 5SOS

. . . . . .

smiles of her coworkers were the first things to welcome chia the moment she entered the restaurant. it creeped her out. who in their right mind would be extremely joyed considering their underpaid 9-hour shift?

(she was because she has the best boyfriend to think of to get through the day but that's different.)

"good morning?" warily, she said, filling up her attendance sheet. she approached jace, whose smile seemed a little less creepy since he's always worn it to intentionally get on her nerves, asking what was up.

her bestie giggled and said, "i kinda told everyone about you and him. they're all proud."

"jace!"

"i'm just so happy!"

she grinned, already wanting to say so much about her revived love life to her bestie.

"oh, speaking of the devil . . . with his sexy model friend? oh my god, chia."

holy shit.

( ❑❑❑ )

"hello! haha! i'm chiasa, your waitress for today. may i, uh, take your order?"

the woman was unsure as to why she was trembling. her and youngho were not in some forbidden relationship. everyone in the restaurant already knew thanks to jace. and it wasn't because of his cold-faced best friend too. she's seen him drunk at that party. nothing to be scared of.

to her, that was the best lesson she'd gotten from her drug addict dad. afraid of someone? just imagine them wasted. everyone's the same when wasted; pathetic and vulnerable.

they were her first customers for the day though, so she had to get over unexplainable jitters. besides, who was she to complain serving a face like that?

"hi, chiasa! we'll have two hot americanos. two espresso shots each. aaaaand . . ."

for the professionalism factor, she avoided looking at him as much as possible while listing his breakfast order to not just stand struck while on shift once their eyes lock. it was going pretty smoothly.

"okay, so—"

"are you jung jaehyun?" her co-workers collectively came from behind her. not to embarrass her, to her relief, but for the dashing model.

she did not anymore have the opportunity to repeat their orders as her fanatic friends pushed her back.

"can we ask for a picture?"

knowing it was the perfect moment (with jaehyun drowning in the sea of employees wanting to be acknowledged by him), youngho tapped her hand, winking once she looked.

chia internally undergone something similar to electrocution.

( ❑❑❑ )

they finally gave jaehyun a break from all the selfies and autographs. took a long time, but it came.

"you really hit the lotto, man," he said, putting his hands behind his head and leaning back to a more comfortable position. "i hope you two last. break the two year record."

youngho clicked his tongue and snickered. "you can say that because you have an oh-so healthy and successful with your high school sweetheart. not everyone can do it."

"johnny, it's not that. but wasn't your last long relationship in senior high? the polsci student? NA YUKAm just saying. i know you're not always the problem in your breakups, but it's really annoying to see everything happen over and over again when we drink."

jaehyun continued, "i hope you finally find someone to marry. and someone to love until your hair gets white. unless you wanna entertain that girl your mom's been setting up for you in illinois."

there he goes again with the 'wisdom' he picked up from romance movies. as much as he hated the thought, it did help him with certain situations.

"this one's for the books, jae. i can sense it," youngho told him, passionate. "it's gonna last. forever."

the cheesiness of 'forever' made the other chuckle. his dimples popped out. the other waiters definitely caught a glimpse because their squeals could be heard from where they were. "i'll trust you."

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )