. . . . chapter seven.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

SONG OF THE DAY      :
jazz bar - dreamcatcher

. . . . . .

chia couldn't ask for anything more than her favorite combination : fruit punch gatorade and multiple hits of nicotine. ever since she tried it out herself when she was in high school, she considered it an untouchable match made in heaven.

from her side, since her hair was bun was neater compared to those , it was easy for youngho to notice the tattoo on the nape of her neck. upon realizing its symbolism, his eyes lit up.

"you're a cancer?"

"cancer?" she repeated thinking he was pertaining to the illness, confused as to why he'd bring it up for no reason at all. "ah! i get it. but no, i'm a gemini, i think?"

holy fuck.

remembering him and his friend's conversation about his previous encounters with gemini in his car, he was alarmed, but kept staying in denial.

"but the tattoo?"

"i just got it because i liked how it looked like 69 when i was eighteen . . . . haha!"

sacrificing her bun, she set her hair down for the tattoo to not be visible anymore. to her, it was unbearable reliving the regret and embarrassment it's brought since the start of her adulthood.

the air was filled with the sounds of their shared unconvincing fake laughs.

"did i ruin your mood when i said i'm not a cancer or . . ?"

he squinted. "huh?"

"it's just your . . . expression. you look mad. should i leave?"

"my face normally goes like that from time to time?"

"you're lying?"

"i'm not mad though. i just remembered someone who's a gemini too."

"oh? what were they like?"

"well she—" he paused, all the one-word adjectives piling up in his head making it hard to formulate one that's feasible, "—she's sweet. cheated on me . . . but sweet."

"so basically bitch ex but sugarcoated version."

"she's not a bitch." youngho glared.. "watch your language."

"you're portraying her as one, how else would i react?"

"you're mean."

"i'm not. i just don't get why you have so much sympathy for a cheater."

"you wouldn't understand."

the woman shot him a pretentiously sarcastic smile. "i did go therapy because of a cheater once so i kinda do."

"therapy?"

"yes. with a bullshit therapist too so it wasn't worth it."

"i think she's not that traumatic."

"yes, so move on. stop wasting energy on a person who only gives you a little portion of their heart. especially on people who cheat. not worth the time. not worth the time at all."

clearly, she was not finished. she went on with the topic, sounding like one of those oh-so experienced teachers who pour their lifetime's worth of anger halfway through their lesson with a trivial rant regarding their years of teaching. "if they really loved you like, the most, why fall for another person while you two were in a relationship? why find a second option? why were you not enough for them?"

"because . . . "

"because?" chia repeated, snickering when she noticed how he only sighed as he was unable to utter a contradiction. "thought so."

she pulled out her fourth cigarette for the night amidst their growing quietude, this time with a functional lighter.

"you believe in horoscopes?" she then asked.

"no. my friend jaehyun does though."

she noticed how the name was awfully familiar (especially since she hears it too many times each week), but then again it was common so there was a very low chance. "is he famous?"

"he's a model so pretty much yeah."

"not the prada jaehyun stan twitter went crazy over, right?"

"that's him."

well maybe not a very low chance.

her face contorted with a mix of surprise and confusion. "are you serious?"

once he nodded a yes, chia quickly burst into another rant which was about the mini cult her friends created for his friend jaehyun. he fit of cackling from how ridiculous it all was.

when the energy died down, a slightly unpleasant thought rushed into youngho's mind. "you like him too? celebrity crush or anything?"

"hmmm, pretty boy, but not my type," she said. "him and his girlfriend are really cute together though."

thank god.

"they are. i've known them since forever so i kinda witnessed their love story."

"really? i have to know the exact story. tell me. now."

. . . . . .

Today 7:34 PM

Today 7:34 PM

Dude Chia's a Gemini 😦 >

< 😦

Proof your astrology is bullshit >

< excuse me

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

( ❑❑❑ )