. . . . chapter thirteen.

( ❑❑❑ )

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

SONG OF THE DAY :
light a flame - seventeen

. . . . . .

when he finally arrived to the venue after minutes of insufferable traffic, youngho parked his toyota beside beside jaehyun's rubicon jeep. to his surprise, the man himself was lying down above the roof of the vehicle, spacing out while his eyes belonged to the stars at that point in time.

"dude, get down from there."

he sat up hearing the familiar voice get out of his driver's seat, waving.

"never get drunk without me again. let alone do that. what if you fell head first? that's such a dumb way to be hospitalized."

his words' tinge of seriousness was ignored. "you sound like my dad. i miss dad."

he laughed airily like drunk uncles in karaoke bars afterwards, jumping down, then stumbling with a grunt once his feet reached the grunt. on his lips took over a cheeky grin, his entire face red after too much alcohol. the harsh blow of the wind outside caused him to be more drunk than expected from the amount of liquids he took in.

he continued, "i hate it alone inside. so many people are trying to hit on me and you're not there to flirt back for me until they get disgusted and leave the party. yes, i'm hot, but i will not."

youngho laughed. "don't be so full of yourself, jae. maybe they're just being friendly."

"friendly?" he stared at the taller guy in judgement. "if 'do you wanna come with me to the bathroom?' is friendly, i'd rather be degraded. we haven't even made eye contact. why are they asking me that? creepy as fuck."

"where's haneul anyway?"

"shooting for her new movie."

"ten and mark?"

"you know, john, i did this all for you yet you were so fucking late and now you're asking about people that aren't even me. unbelievable."

he was shocked to see his best friend with a completely different, in a way that he's rougher and gigglies than usual, while under a heavy influence of alcohol, especially when he usually was the one to get drunk first whenever they took shots together. it was a funny sight, to say the least.

"thanks a lot, but i don't even know why you did this in the first place. i only went back from my hometown. i do it on a regular basis. it's nothing to celebrate."

"well that's because this actually isn't just for you, but for me too. coincidentally, the day you go back home from the states is exactly the day before i . . . "

the younger man paused and shifted his gaze to the cobblestone floor, hesitating.

"go on."

"i'm proposing tomorrow."

it didn't come as a surprise that jaehyun was ready for possible lifetime commitment to his long-time girlfriend, who's also a well-known actress, yoon haneul,  judging from how consistent their relationship starting from high school has been. the thought of how he'd do it, considering how he was based a boy that is oh-so creative and romantic, did fuel his curiosity.