13

¤ Oh, A Million Dreams For The World We're Gonna Make ¤

Friday, 11:15am.

Adam and his wife, Behati, were throwing a small lunch gathering - or at least he told me it was going to be small. When I arrived there, I was one of the first ones there. I recognized everyone there since it was Blake and August of course, then John and Chrissy, and then Kelly. I knew all of these people and it was nice getting to catch up with them. It wasn't until Behati's half of the group started showing up that I felt a little out of place.

Her friends were mostly models and they were tall and intimidating and beautiful. I managed to say hello to them, but for the rest of the lunch, I stuck close to Blake and Adam.

Before lunch was served, I headed over to August who was in the corner, seeming lost as to what to do as well.

"Hey Girly, lots of people, huh?" I said to her.

She looked up at me and nodded, "yeah, but I'm used to it. This happens every time my dad and I are here."

"Yeah? Do you remember seeing me at one of these lunches before?" I asked her, wondering how I had never ran into Blake if Adam had invited me each time.

She shrugged her shoulders which was expected, "I don't know. You and Kelly are both blonde and then that model looks like you a bit," she pointed to one of the long legged beauties, "so maybe."

I smiled, "you think I look like a model?"

She nodded with a grin, "Yeah, you're really pretty!"

My smile turned into a grin at that.

"Thank you, honey. I think you're a very pretty girl." I told her.

She giggled, still with a grin on her face. We both look out at the people conversing with each other until she taps me on the arm to get my attention.

"Can I show you something, Gwen?" She asked, a bright look in her eye.

"Of course you can," I said, taking her out stretched hand in mine. She led me upstairs to her temporary room she had here.

I sat on the edge of the bed and watched her get out her iPad. She searched something up on it and then pulled up a music track.

With a wide smile on her face, she told me, "I want to sing for you."

I smiled and clapped my hands together in anticipation, "Let's here it!"

With a bounce in her step, she went to the middle of her room and set up her iPad. The soundtrack to A Million Dreams from the greatest showman started to play.

She sang the verse, clearly a bit nervous, but with every word she gained more confidence,

"I close my eyes and I can see. The world that's waiting up for me. That I call my own. Through the dark, through the door. Through where no one's been before. But it feels like home,"

She's only nine, but her voice was already so mature and beautiful. The low notes were making it a bit difficult for her, but I was surprised by her tone.