5

¤ That One Great Day Because I Had You ¤

9:45am, Saturday

"What should I have for breakfast?" I spoke into the phone as I stood in my kitchen. We were both still in the call and I had mine on speaker phone so I could do multiple things. It had only been about half and hour of us talking to each other and neither one of us wanted to hang up yet. If it were up to me, I would talk to him all day if I could.

"Well, I had oatmeal this morning. I don't know if that'll help." He said.

I started looking through my cupboards.

"What kind?" I asked.

"Maple and brown sugar. It's so sweet and tastes so good."

I jumped up when I saw that I had that flavor. Coincidentally, I loved that flavor as well.

I smiled, "I have it! Yay!"

I heard Blake laugh through the phone.

"You get so excited over oatmeal, I love it." He laughed. I giggled.

"Really? You don't think it's weird how I act sometimes?" I asked. I remembered when Gavin used to tell me to be more normal. Basically, he didn't want me to have a personality and to be happy, but only now was I able to see that.

"So far for as long as we've talked, I haven't found anything about you weird." He said.

I smiled, "Well, you and my ex think differently. Very much differently."

"I'm guessing and hoping that's a good thing..."

I laughed as I prepared my oatmeal.

"Oh yes, it's definitely a good thing. My ex was nothing like you, but that's a story for another day. Don't want to bore you or keep you too long, you know? In case you actually do have other things to do." I chuckled.

"I have time, Gwen. Of course I have time for you if you need someone to talk to." Blake told me. I pushed my lips together. Did he really mean it? I wondered if I could trust him with the knowledge of what I've been through, even the knowledge of who I am.

I still wouldn't want to tell him I'm Gwen Stefani. That could wait.

"You wouldn't want to hear my story." I sighed, it was true, "You would hang up this phone and run as fast as you could-"

"To you." He cut me off. I forced back the urge to smile.

"No, you'd run as far away from me as possible. I'm not the person you think I am, Blake."

He answered awfully quick for what he was saying, "Maybe you're not all I've pictured so far, but I wouldn't mind. I'll still think you're a beautiful person, inside and out."

I shook my head, stirring my oatmeal as I tried to block out flashbacks of Gavin and I.

"But he never did." I said, my voice merely above a whisper. I was never planning on telling Blake anything about Gavin, at least not this early on. But he's different. I know he's not like other guys and he'll actually listen if I have a legitimate problem.