15

¤ Lighter ¤

Saturday, 10:10pm.

After talking for hours, Blake had just left. I was smiling so much, feeling like I was on cloud 9. I could talk with him forever and not get bored of it. He said he would text me tomorrow to keep me company during my day off. Hearing that, I couldn't wait for tomorrow to come.

I changed out of my clothes and into my pajamas. While doing so, my eye caught the sight of that scar on my lower stomach. I was glad that I told Blake about it. I felt better now - lighter.

I checked my phone after not touching it for hours. I was surprised to see that I had a text from someone I would have never expected although she seemed genuine and sincere on Friday.

Xtina

Hey girl! We need to get together soon and catch up. Any time that you're free?

I smiled, remembering more of our little talk on Friday.

Gwen

Hey Chris! I would love to catch up with you. I'm doing nothing tomorrow, but if that's too soon we can plan for something later on.

I crawled into bed right after and turned on a movie to help me wind down from the interesting night I had had.

Christina texted back quicker than I had expected, making me pull my eyes away from the movie I've already seen quite a few times.

Xtina

Tomorrow would be perfect! How about coffee and breakfast at my place? The kids are going to be out at their friends and Matty will keep out of our way.

Gwen

Sounds good, what time?

Xtina

Is 9am good?

Gwen

Perfect.

Xtina

Yay, I'm so excited to see you again girl!

I laughed at her text, already excited for tomorrow myself. This time, I was excited for two reasons.

Sunday, 8:14am.

I had woken up over an hour ago and gotten a shower, making sure I looked nice to see my friend again after a while of not having a proper meeting with each other.

I put on a knee length, black skirt and a sky blue blouse that had the sleeves cuffed right above my elbows. I left the top two buttons undone and fixed the collar to make sure it was straightened. I then put my hair up in a ponytail again, but one of my fancier ponytails that took me longer to do. For my makeup, I barely touched anything extra on top of what I normally put on for a natural look.

I was still working on my eyebrows when I got a text on my phone. I assumed it would be Christina, but I was wrong.

Blake

Good morning sunshine :)

A warm feeling filled my body as my lips tugged into a smile. I texted back almost immediately.

Gwen

Good morning! Thank you for last night by the way, I enjoyed talking with you.

Actually, I wanted to say it was magical and peaceful and I haven't felt so happy in a long while. I would give anything to have that night happen again, but I couldn't. That would have been too much information and too risky.