1. Getting Better

Steven sighed as he walked into his house. He was tired and wet from the hard rain. He hung up his leather jacket and kicked off his boots. The house seemed very quiet. It always was. It seemed Steven and his wife Mia were becoming more distant. The children, Cooper (Age:6) and Ashley (Age four) were staying at their grandparents more often so that Mia could get a few nights to herself. 

But Steven wasn't going to let this turn into another relationship ruined by the drugs he had used. 

Steven crept into the bedroom and saw Mia laying on the bed. Her shoulder softly shook as she cried. Steven's heart shattered into a million pieces when he saw his wife in that state. 

"M-Mia," he said. "Go away, Steven," Mia said. Steven ignored her and crawled into bed. He brought Mia to his chest and kissed her neck. She let him but Steven could tell she was tense. Steven pulled away and sat on his knees. Mia's back still facing him. "I quit the band," Steven said playing with the end of his shirt. That statement got Mia to turn around and look at him with wide eyes. "Really?" she asked. "I... I wanna change, Mia," Steven said. He looked at Mia's stomach. For us, the kids, and our baby." 

Mia sat up and snuggled into Steven's chest. "You did the right thing. I love you, Steven," Mia said. Steven smiled as he wrapped his arms around Mia. "I love you too, darlin'," he said. 

Steven was getting fed up with the band and everything that had to do with drugs and stuff like that. He wanted to change. He was going to change for his wife, two children, and baby. 

Things were going to change. And he was going to get better. 

The next chapters will be a lot longer. -Caitlyn.