27. I Love You

"Cooper, baby, please wake up," Carson said shaking Cooper awake. Cooper opened his eyes and looked at his crying husband. "What is it?" Cooper asked. "Ethan stopped breathing twice," Carson said. Cooper jumped to his feet and scooped his baby out of the crib before he and Carson drove to the hospital. 

"Cooper, is he gonna be alright?" Carson asked as tears streamed down his face. "They'll do all they can to keep him with us," Cooper said. "He can't die, Cooper, he can't," Carson cried.

They arrived at the hospital and ran in. Cooper carried Ethan in his arms. "Dr. Madlyn! Dr. Mason! Nurse Molly!" Cooper yelled. The three nightshift medics ran to Cooper. "What is it, Dr. Adler?" Dr. Mason asked. "It's Ethan! He stopped breathing twice," Cooper said. "Okay, we'll take him back he'll be okay," Dr. Mason said taking Ethan from Cooper's arms. 

"Hey, it'll be alright," Cooper said wrapping his arms around Carson. "I promise." 

___________________________________________________________________

Maddie woke up cuddled into Oliver's side. She smiled and felt as if she was the luckiest woman on planet earth.

Maddie watched as Oliver let out his cute yawned and looked over at her. "You're up," he said. Maddie nodded. "Are you hurt?" Oliver asked sitting up. Maddie sat up with him. "No, I'm fine," Maddie said. 

Oliver smiled and it melted Maddie's heart. He held her face in his hands and slowly inched closer to her until their lips connected. It felt electrocuting and Maddie melted immediately into Oliver's arms. 

Oliver pulled away and smiled. "I love you, Maddie," He said. "I love you too, Ollie," Maddie said. 

________________________________________________________________

"You know, we'll get through this right?" Cooper asked as he and Carson looked into the ICU. Carson nodded. Cooper wrapped his arm around the redhead. "I love you, Carson," Cooper said. Carson buried his face in Cooper's side. "I love you too, Carson," he mumbled. Cooper smiled and rubbed Carson's back.

"We'll make it."