7. I Still Love You

The phone rang early in the morning and Mia went to answer it. 

"Hello?" she asked. 
"Hey, is this Mia Adler?" came an unknown female voice on the other end. 
"Yeah," Mia replied confused. 
"Steven Adler came into the hospital last night suffering from a stroke." 

Mia felt her heart stop.

"I-Is he okay?" Mia asked. 
"He's fine." 
"Can I come to see him?" 
"Yeah! L.A. Hospital." 
"Alright, I'll be there." 

Mia hung up she was shaking from fear. 

She ran into each of the kid's rooms yelling at them to wake up. 

"What is it?" Ashley asked after she got dressed. "Your father had a stroke," Mia said grabbing her purse and keys. "What?" Oliver asked as tears stung his eyes. "Is he okay?" Noah asked. "He'll be fine, now let's go and see him," Mia said.

They arrived at the hospital and walked in. "We're here for Steven Adler," Mia said. "Alright, follow me," said the nurse. She led the family through the hall. "Oh, I'm afraid only one person can visit right now, tomorrow you all should be able to," the nurse said. "You should go, mom," Oliver said. Everyone else nodded in agreement. 

Mia walked in and saw her messy-haired husband laying in the bed his eyes were closed and his lips slightly parted. "Steven," Mia said. Steven cracked his eyes opened and smiled. "Hey, love," he said. She smiled as she walked over to him. 

Steven weakly grabbed her hand. "You know I love you right?" Steven asked. Mia nodded before she leaned down and kissed Steven's lips. "I know, I love you too, Steven. And I'm sorry," Mia said. "Don't... Don't apologize, love. It's alright," Steven said.

Steven's voice was slurred and was kinda hard to understand. But Mia understood him. 

She couldn't wait until Steven was out of the hospital. It would come as a huge relief when he came home. 

__________________________________________________________________

"Hey, Carson," Cooper said walking by Carson in the kitchen. Carson didn't answer he just continued flipping through the pages of his magazine. "What's eating you, Carson, you've been ignoring me all day!" Cooper said. "I'm fine," Carson said. "Then stop ignoring me!" Cooper said. Carson glared at him before looking back at his magazine. Cooper sighed. "C'mon, tell me what's wrong," Cooper said. "No," Carson said. "So there is something wrong," Cooper replied. "Maybe there is why do you care?" Carson asked. "Because you're my best friend. When have I not cared about you?" Cooper asked smiling softly hoping that would get Carson to speak up. But he didn't. "Carson! Please," Cooper said. "No," Carson said getting up. "You'd hate me if I tell you." "I could never hate you. And even if I did it wouldn't matter because you're ignoring me!" Cooper said. 

Carson sighed. He looked at Cooper and then back at his feet looked at Cooper and looked down. Finally, Carson gave up and decided he'd tell. Or show, Cooper what was wrong. 

So he looked at Cooper one last time before grabbing his face and kissing him.