29. Alcoholic

The death of Macy had taken a toll on Cooper. He wasn't as productive as he used to be. But the other doctors either took his place or let his laziness slide. He had lost his best friend after all. 

Cooper began drinking more heavily than he used to. On the days he didn't work he'd be at the bar instead of at home cuddling Carson. By the time Cooper was done drinking, he'd be black-out drunk and not return home until the next day. And when he did return home, Carson wouldn't be there. He'd be at Axl's house crying unbeknownst to Cooper who thought he was at the hospital with Ethan. Once Carson returned, Cooper would hold him close and kiss him and apologize. Cooper knew exactly what spot to kiss that made Carson go crazy for him. He often felt bad for manipulating Carson to forgive him. But he was hungover and he figured it was better than having Carson leave him. 

___________________________________________________________________

Emily sat on the toilet seat with a pregnancy test in her hands. She saw that it showed positive. That bastard knocked her up. Emily placed her hand on her stomach. It would such a bummer if she didn't love babies. "Don't worry little one, I'll never let you see your terrible father. He'll never hurt you the way he hurt me," Emily said sternly. 

She decided it would be best if she didn't even tell Gabe about the baby. And he'd never so much as look at her baby. It was a wonder he survived being shot. But what was upsetting to Emily was that Gabe only got five years in prison. Not only did he kidnap her but he shot a shit ton of cops and a nurse. Only five years. 

Emily got out of the bathroom and went to the kitchen where Axl was sitting drinking coffee. "D-dad," Emily said sitting on a chair. "Hm?" Axl asked raising his head to look at Emily. "Uhm... I... I'm pregnant and I'm keeping it," Emily said rubbing her stomach. Axl rose to his feet and hugged his daughter. "Alright, you do what you want. But we should get you to the hospital to make sure your baby is alright," Axl said. Emily began to cry. "Daddy, I don't wanna lose this baby," she said. "It's alright, I'm sure your baby will be fine," Axl said. "I don't want the baby to ever see its father either," Emily said. "The father won't get anywhere near you or the baby again, I'll be sure of that," Axl said. "Thanks, Daddy," Emily said wrapping her arms around her father. 

______________________________________________________________

Cooper was once again at a bar. He was black-out drunk and was making out with a random dude that came up to him. "I'll see you tomorrow, but we can't let my husband know," Cooper said. "We won't," the man said smirking. 

Cooper left the bar and went home. Carson was sitting on the couch crying like he always did when Cooper left. "What's wrong, baby?" Cooper slurred. "Go away, Cooper! You're drunk!" Carson said rising to his feet. "No, come here," Cooper said holding his arms out. "No! I'm done being manipulated by you, I'm leaving!" Carson said before he walked to the bedroom and threw all his stuff in his duffle bag. Cooper grabbed him and slammed him against a wall. "You aren't going anywhere!" Cooper growled. "Get the hell away from me!" Carson yelled. Cooper stepped away and watch Carson back his stuff. "Fine leave! I've been seeing someone much better than you anyway!" Cooper slurred. 

Tears poured out of Carson's eyes when he realized what Cooper had said. Carson loved Cooper. He really did. But after Cooper began drinking things have just been going to hell. Cooper was never home on his days off. And he worked all day so he was never home in general. But even now that Cooper had announced that he had been cheating, Carson still loved Cooper. But he couldn't live in pain anymore. 

Carson packed Anna's stuff and told her to wake up because they were leaving. Before they walked out the door Carson turned around and threw his ring on the ground and then turned around and left. 

If Cooper didn't get better, Carson wouldn't return.