Forever With You | 01

It's not really Michael centric, but it's cute and long so here:3.
Michael and Luke have been friends for the longest together and they finally date. They're born in the same year [1996] but Luke is technically older because his birthday is first.
[slight smut at the end cause why not]
P.S. Luke is still taller :3
WordCount: 8363

• • •

Luke and Michael had know each other since they were literally 4. They met in pre-school and were inseparable after that. On the first day of pre-school little Mikey actually cried on his way home because he wanted Lukey. It took awhile for his mom, Karen, to figure out what in the world he was mumbling and begging for, but eventually she put the pieces together.

"Baby what do you want? You still wanna go outside?" She asks patiently, bouncing her only son in her arms. "W-Wukey schooool!!" He whines, crying louder. Daryl, his dad picks him up from his tired wife, "you want to go back to looky at the school?"

"No, W-Wu-Lukey!"

Karen finally thought of something. "You have a new friend named Lukey? Is that what you want sweetheart?" When Michael heard his name come from his moms lips, he nods, repeating the phrase "see Lukey now!" until the first time parents caved in and called the school about their son's new friend.

She got ahold of Luke's parents' number and let them call each other for probably 2 hours. It was literally the most adorable thing ever. Both parents became very good friends because of their little ones, and every alternate weekend they would have a large family picnic or lunch.

They would visit each other's houses quite often, since they were actually neighbours. Michael adopted a cute nickname for his best friend when they were at his house, both families having dinner together and Luke saw a penguin plushie he was particularly fond of when they were playing

"Do ya like it Lukey?"

"Yea, it look cute like you Mikey!"

"Well do ya want my penguiy then?"

"Weally? I can have him?"

"If penguiy make Lukey happy then it's alllll yours"

"Thanks Mikey! I love you!"

"No problems my little penguin!"

It was arguably the cutest thing the adults have ever seen. Anytime they did something together, their parents would take pictures of them and print it out. Better to save these precious things for the future they thought.

They stuck it out through thick and thin together. Of course, it was inevitable, but along they way they had fought, whether over stupid silly things as children or more complicated things when they were older. But no matter what, they would always make up and go back to each other. They got into cliques with other people before, and the friend group would of course fall apart eventually, like most do. But they always worked it out and stayed together. They've had many late night conversations about absolutely anything and everything. Memorised nearly every cute quirk each other had, and how they would respond to different things. Their parents actually talked about the possibility of them getting together in the future, one of the many dinner topics they'd talk about when Michael and Luke were off together doing god knows what. Their parents of course didn't tell the kids about it but they were rather fond of the idea.

Sleepovers were practically done almost every week, and even if they had an extra mattress or bed for each other, they'd always end up on the same bed, cuddling closely together.

10 years later, their bond still strong as ever, and maybe even stronger. Luke already turned 14, Michael still 13. Michael started to see his best friend in a new light. Don't get him wrong, he had always seen the good in Luke, all his little details and his flaws. But the flaws made him love him even more. He started questioning his feelings towards Luke at 12 years old, and has came to the conclusion that he was deeply in love. Luke's feelings weren't all that different, his eyes would sparkle even more when he saw Michael, they always did but now it's different. They've been through so many happy, sad, hard times together. These 10 years just made them realise that they truly needed each other, couldn't live without each other's presence. The both of them had never had a crush or gone out with anyone else before, so this feeling was new and confusing.