Competitive* | 02

Sorry this story basically took forever :'

XX

"Fuck fuck fuck!" Luke curses, as soon as Michael's and Ashton's hotel door closes. They both hear the sobs Michael lets out once the door was shut. Luke walks to the wall opposite the door, resting his forehead against the cold surface, the want to punch it is strong as he balls up his fists. Calum frowns, walking towards Luke and kissing the back of his neck. "Lukey, everything will work out. You know we'll make it work."

"Calum, we hurt him! He's crying in the room now because the three of us are selfish assholes." He sighs, blinking back the tear in his eye. Calum turns him around slowly, bright blue eyes looking at deep brown ones. He puts their lips together softly, kissing the boy until he felt him relax in his arms. Luke sighs in relief, kissing back slowly. Callie pulls off, using his thumb to wipe away Luke's tear, "we'll call Ashton now so we can deal with th-"

"Call Ashton? What for?" They hear their oldest band member call out the joke from a distance away. "Did you three get in trouble again?" The other two remain silent, which allowed Ashton to hear Michael's sobs and tiny screams. "Why the fuck is Michael crying?" He asks sternly, fists balled up tightly out of instinct, but he remembers that these are all his best friends and band mates, loosening his grip.

Luke speaks up "I went to grab a charging wire from you and he was crying in bed, then Callie came over and he kissed him, then Mikey stopped him and he assumed we're dating and asked us to leave him alone!" He says, all in one breath, obviously tense to anyone 10 meters from him. "That... doesn't make sense?" Ashton says hesitantly.

"He thinks that me and Luke don't like him anymore." Calum says. Just as he was about to explain further, a loud sob melts from the hotel walls, and Ashton gave in. "We'll talk about it later." He says hurriedly, opening the door and closing it shut softly, running to the boy who was curled into a ball on his side and grabbing at his hair. "Michael, baby, come here." He jumps into the bed, putting himself under the covers and immediately wraps his arm around the smaller boy's frame carefully, and he turns around to face Ashton. He cries harder into his chest, finding it pretty hard to breath.

"Oh my precious little baby boy, I'm here." He stayed silent for a few minutes, giving Mike a moment to calm down.

After 5 minutes, Ashton softly brought up "so do you wanna tell me what's been happening?" He caressed his sides slowly, which made Mikey whimper. Michael nods. "Lu and Cal don't— hmm-" he hums as a way to compress his sobs, "d-on't care about me anymore?" He says as if to ask.

"What? Since when have they stopped caring about you Mike? They love you! Why? Did they do something to you?" He asks, hugging Michael closer. The boy shook his head, "t-they haven't been talking to me for 2 weeks." Ashton looked at him shocked. He hadn't noticed anything different between the three others in his band. He kisses Mikey's left eyelid, then the right.

"Luke and Calum told me what happened today, princess. Why haven't you told me how you felt in the last 2 weeks?" Michael whimpers his lips shaking unsteadily, "D-don't know!" He cries.

Ashton pouts playfully and holds him closer, "that's okay Michael, but you can tell me exactly how you feel now if you're good with that?"

Michael stays silent for a while, building up his courage. Pulling himself away from Ashton, he looks at him, lost, asking "Am I just you guys' fuck buddy?"

"No!" He replied instantly. He didn't really think of what else to say except that. "I don't know about those two, but no Mike absolutely not. Baby, I'm sorry we made it seem that way." He frowns visibly, and Michael wants to kiss his cheek.