Chapter 8

Christmas break is near which means everyone is filled with Joy and anticipation to celebrate with their loved ones. Family dinners, exchanging gifts and etcetera. After 2 days from now everyone at Hogwarts will leave for the Holidays. Some stay in school, just like Y/N who preferred to end the holidays alone.

As Y/N walked through the corridors to the Great Hall, everyone is really exhilarated looking forward for the school break to come. The hallway and every part of the castle is very well decorated for the occasion. It wasn't packed like it used to be because a lot of students already left early. Some still finishing up their school works, so they won't have any responsibilities when they return to school in January.

After breakfast, Y/N went to the library and read as much as she can. Making this as her coping mechanism all throughout the holidays. This went on for a week, with the same routine everyday.

Wake up

Read

Eat

Read

Walk

Read

Sleep

It's gonna go on until February, with her isolating herself and speaking French to everyone who tries to talk to her, so they can leave her alone.

When Christmas came, Y/N spent the most of her time in the Library burying her head on every book she can get ahold off. Her head hurting and emotions shifting quickly. As she fell asleep in the Library, she woke up because of the sound of footsteps near her. Y/N is sitting down on the floor in the far end corner of the library where she is surrounded by bookshelves behind her which she is leaning at and both her sides. Standing up, holding the shelves quickly because she became lightheaded out of nowhere. Following the footsteps she heard, Y/N saw a floating lamp and a hand holding it. Walking to a familiar way, Y/N finds herself outside the restricted section.

As the floating lamp walks in the Restricted Section, Y/N walked across to the side hiding. As she remove a book in front of her, she saw Harry wondering the bookshelves. Placing the lamp he was holding and pulled out a book and started to read.

Y/N heard a cat meowing at the entrance and saw Mrs. Norris. Panicking, Y/N puts back the book she removed back to its place and quietly ran out of the library, exiting at the backdoor.

Pacing up her speed, she returned to the common room undetected. Walking up to her dorm room and flopping down her bed. She was alone, Millie and the others went home for the Holidays. They tried to make Y/N come home with them but she declined saying she's better off alone.

Taking out the book she got from the mail still doesn't know who sent it to her she scanned the book again remembering a part where it mentioned a name Nicholas Flamel.

._.

Y/N is still having her phase after the Break. Her friends surprised when they got back with Y/N speaking French to them.

"We left you for only 2 weeks and came back here with you speaking French, What in the Salazar's name did Christmas do to you?" Theodore said as he narrowed his eyes up and down to Y/N.

Y/N just shrugged "Ce n'est rien, laisse-moi tranquille. C'est la seule façon dont je peux me souvenir de ma mère." She said quickly. The group looking at each other with a confused expressions and then turning their gazes back at Y/N.

As they walk to the Great Hall, taking their usual place to sit. They started having a conversation about their Christmas, when the group ask Y/N about hers she just waves them away and continued eating. When she looked up across the room she saw the Golden Trio going out. Y/N practically jumped up from her sit and pulled her bag hastily putting it on her shoulder. The Slytherin group calling out Y/N's name but she didn't bother looking behind her shoulder as she exit the Hall.