Chapter 11 - Deja Vu

*Anna's POV*

I knew I was supposed to be resting, but my mind kept me up. What could the doctor have told my parents that made them look all freaked out? My head hurt, and suddenly my eyes started going all blurry. I pushed the call button for the nurse. She came in and injected something into my IV line. I tried to call out but the blackness took over my vision and I couldn't move.

* * *

*Kellin's POV*

Micky and I stared at the phone after hanging up. I knew that Jaime had been dating a girl we'd gone to high school with but I didn't know that it was someone Micky knew! They must have met on tour or Katy had moved out to San Diego, I didn't know details. All I knew at that moment was that my love was upset and I wasn't sure how she would handle hearing from her old friend.

I wrapped my arms around her, rubbing her back and trying to calm her down. I looked down at her tear-streaked face and found myself wishing that we could go back to our senior year and re-do everything. I wished that we could change something so that we wouldn't be here, she wouldn't have been at that intersection and Anna wouldn't be in the hospital. Lost in my own thoughts, I glanced down again to see that Micky's exhaustion and tears had caused her to fall asleep, curled up in my lap. I pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead and kept thinking to myself about our past and what would be coming in our future.

* * FIVE HOURS LATER * *

“What do you mean you don't know how it happened?!” I cringed inside, listening to Micky screaming at the doctor. He'd just given us the news we were least expecting after Anna had made so much progress in the last couple days.

“Mrs Quinn,” the doctor began and I tensed up, knowing that he didn't know we'd never actually gotten married. “We don't know how but somehow Anna's medication got mixed up with a different patient's. The combination of the drugs already in her system and the new medicine caused a deadly reaction. Anna has about a three percent chance of waking up.” I shook my head numbly as Micky squeezed my arm so hard that I felt bruises form.

Forcing my voice to be steady, I asked if we could go in her room. The doctor nodded, and stepped off to the side so we could enter. When we got into the room, Micky nearly ran to Anna and grabbed her hand. I looked for a chair and saw the nurse, the one who seemed so familiar before, sitting there, watching Micky with our daughter.