Chapter 8 - A Trophy Father's Trophy Son

**Kellin's POV**

I stared at Micky as Anna ran out of the room. She opened her mouth like she was about to say something, but I quickly shook my head to shush her. I turned around and walked out to the living room. Moments later I heard her soft footsteps follow me into the room.

"Kellin, please," her quiet voice made me turn around. "Please just let me explain. The letter didn't have all the information."

I whipped around, striding over to her and towering over my...what do I even call her? My wife? Our wedding date never happened, I thought she was dead! I saw her flinch back as I simply passed by her. I couldn't look her in the eye, I was too angry at that moment, and despite the news lately, I love her.

She followed me, still trying to talk to me. "It was a boy, he was Anna's twin, and he died when I went into labor. That was why my labor was so early." I stopped dead. Turning back to her, I opened my mouth and closed it again. She came up to me and wrapped her arms around me, calming me slightly. I looked at the sadness in her eyes and brushed my lips against hers. She hadn't hidden this on purpose right? I can forgive her.

"Let's go tell Anna," my voice was hoarse from being upset. "She deserves to know." Micky nodded and grasped my hand, I guided her up the stairs and to Anna's door.

I froze at the scene when I opened the door, Micky ran in and gathered our daughter's unconscious body into her arms. Anna's fingers on one hand were tightly curled and I gently pried them open to find the bracelet I gave Micky at prom so many years ago.

* * *

TWO HOURS LATER

I paced outside Anna's hospital door, anxiously waiting as the doctor checked over her, again. Micky sat curled in the chair in the hallway, dried tears on her face. She'd been scarily silent through the last couple hours, simply crying and shaking until the tears stopped. Now she was simply staring into space.

We both jumped as the door to Anna's room opened to reveal Doctor Evan, the same doctor who had delivered her.

"I have good news and bad news," he started. "the bad news is, Anna is dying..."

I couldn't hear the rest of what he said over the roaring in my ears, my baby girl was dying?