Chapter 10 - With Ears To See

**Micky's POV (cont.)**

When Kellin said who the nurse was, my heart dropped into my stomach. He couldn't be right, could he? I mean, I know she was really familiar, but could it be her?! I shook my head and decided to bring up a topic that had been bugging me since we were in Anna's room.

"Kellin, when I was talking to Anna, she said something that made me think." He smiled knowingly, and cut me off with a kiss. On instinct I kissed him back, having missed the feeling of his lips moving against mine. Kellin broke the kiss and smirked, leaning towards me until I tipped and wound up laying on my back. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled his face to mine again, deepening it right away.

The next thing I knew, he had shifted to be halfway laying on top of me, managing to move and not break apart. A low sound came from his throat and I stilled, I missed the sound my...my what? I remembered what I needed to ask him about. Not fully wanting to, I pushed Kellin off me and cleared my throat.

"Kellin," I started carefully, watching his eyes for his reaction to my words. "Anna told me something in the hospital. She said.." The rest of my words were cut off as he kissed me hard. I naturally kissed him back, but backed off after just a moment.

He groaned, placing his hand on my hip where my shirt had begun to ride up slightly. His fingers began to trace little patterns on the skin there. My breath hitched, and I tried to focus on what I had been talking about.

We were interuppted by the sharp sound of the phone. Looking at each other, we both rushed to the the dresser, where my phone sat. Not recognizing the number, I answered.

"Micky? Oh my gosh, you actually answered? It's true then, you're alive!" I lost all ability to speak when I heard her voice, my best and only friend from high school. I hadn't seen her since senior year, except for a couple times on tour with Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens, and when she came out to California for Anna's baptism.

"K-Katy?" I managed to gasp out, trying to breathe properly. "How did you get this number? I changed it years ago." I heard her ever-present laugh and she attempted to explain.

"I asked Vic about Kellin, duh! Dating the bassist does have its benefits, you know." So, she met her favorite band and started dating Jaime huh? "Anywho, I heard about Anna, how is she doing? I need to see you in person so I know this isn't a trick, wanna meet up tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I can meet up for a little while before going to the hospital to visit her, they are monitering her visiting hours because her treatment makes her easily get sick." I spoke, trying hard not to cry at the thought of my Anna hooked up to wires. "Say at the mall, around three pm?" She agreed and I hung up numbly, how would I face her after being 'dead' for eighteen years?

"Micky, love, what's going on?" Kellin knew me too well, he could see I was upset. "I remember Katy, she's been dating Jaime for a couple years now. I thought you'd be happy to hear from her." He gently grabbed at my arms, causing me to flinch and pull away from him. "Babe, tell me what's wrong." I just shook my head, not wanting to give voice to the thoughts in my head, the ones that threatened my sanity like they hadn't since prom.