Chapter 5 - Settle The Score

**Kellin's POV**

Anna just walked away, after yelling at Micky. I couldn't believe that child. I turned to Micky, whose eyes were filling with tears.

"She doesn't want me, Kellin," Micky cried harder as she spoke. "She's right, I shouldn't have kept away. It was wrong, I just didn't want to cause you even more pain by showing up again while you were grieving."

I frowned, "Micky, love, what are you talking about? What do you mean hurt us more by coming back?" I didn't notice I had been shouting until she shrank back. "Tell me the whole story, starting from when the cars collided." I ordered softly.

* * *

~Third Person POV~

Micky yelled for her daughter just before blackness overtook her. She could vaguely hear sirens and wondered if Anna was okay, she couldn't hear anything else. Feeling lead in her veins and bones, Micky succumbed to the darkness of sleep.

What felt like mere minutes later, Micky felt pain in her body, mainly in her chest and legs. Hearing voices around her, she forced her eyes open and blinked away the blurriness. A man in a papery blue suit and gloves stood across the room from her. She tried to get his attention by speaking, but all that came out was a rough growling noise. It worked though. In surprise, the man turned around to see the young dead woman's eyes open and staring at him.

Micky put her hand to her mouth, signaling him to keep quiet. Shakily standing up, she cleared her throat. She asked the terrified man where she was, and nearly fell over when he told her she was in the morgue.

* * *

**Kellin's POV**

I stared as Micky paused in her story. I felt tears begin to stream down my face again, and I realized I had knelt in front of her, holding her hands as she spoke. I still couldn't believe my own eyes that she was alive and here in front of me.

"Micky," I whispered, voice hoarse. "Come home with me and Anna. Come home to your family." She nodded and I stood, kissing her gently. We left the pizza shop after paying and taking the leftovers. Once we got outside, I grasped her hand tightly and walked toward the car, guiding her into the passenger seat.

Anna spoke quietly from the backseat, "Mom, are you coming home with us?" Micky nodded and Anna smiled. I looked at her in the rearview mirror, happy to see the happy look on my daughter's face.