Chapter 6 - Alone

**Micky's POV**

Two weeks later, I was trying to get out of the house quietly. I had a doctor's appointment that I didn't want Kellin and Anna to know about quite yet. I should have waited until Kellin and Anna headed to get her to school, but the appointment was at eight in the morning, so I had to get out of the house before then.

Finally making it out of the house, I headed to my car and left the driveway. Kellin had taken me back to the pizza place to get my car the day after we had seen each other again.

While driving, I mentally thought over what I had found out about six months ago. I hated thinking about it, and I really didn't want to have to deal with the possible fallout. Flipping on the radio to distract myself from my thoughts, I smiled when a Sleeping With Siren's song came on. Without any hesitation, I sang along loudly, having loved them as a band and always loving Kellin's voice.

* * *

Around four that afternoon, I heard Anna walk into the house, along with a voice I hadn't heard in a very long time. My suspicions were confirmed when the pair came around the corner into the kitchen. Vic's eyes widened when he saw me standing there, stirring a boiling pot of pasta. I dropped the spoon onto the counter and cautiously walked to him. He stood perfectly still for about three seconds before crushing me in a hug.

"Micky! Where have you been? We missed you...thought you were..." Vic trailed off as he touched my head. "You cut and dyed your hair?"

"I needed a change," I slowly replied, trying to hold back the tears of seeing my best friend. "So I cut it super short and dyed it black. I kept some streaks of pink though." I added with a slight chuckle.

Vic just laughed and drew me in for another hug, again crushing my ribs. We both let go and turned as Kellin walked in and spoke the words I was dreading to hear.