Chapter 7 - Low

**Anna's POV**

Dad led the way into the house, after he called my 'uncle' Vic to come over for dinner. He said there was something wrong with Mom. I was scared, I just got my mom back, I didn't want to lose her again.

"Micky," Dad started talking the second we got in the house. "I got a letter a few weeks ago, from a doctor's office." Mom's head shot up and she looked really panicked.

"oh?" I walked over and hugged her when she made a choked, crying sound. "W-what did it say?" Uncle Vic left the room, saying he was gonna use the restroom.

"You know what it said Michaela," my dad was really angry and upset, I could tell. "It was about an issue they had with your physical scans and what they found after the crash."

"Dad, what was it?" I spoke quietly, dread dropping heavily in my stomach.

"In the crash," Dad spoke again, looking at Mom. I could literally see him shaking. "It said when the crash supposedly killed you, that there were remains from your pregnancy. That there were supposed to be two babies."

I gasped, I was a twin??!! WHAT?! I looked quickly between mom and dad a couple times before running out of the room. Locking myself in my room, I crumpled before I even hit the bed.

Tears came, I cried for my mom to go through the pain of losing a child, I cried for my dead sister, I cried for everything that was going on. After a couple hours, I looked at the picture of my parents prom picture on my nightstand, then down at my mom's bracelet that I always wore. I'd always told myself I wouldn't be like she was in high school, but what if I was wrong?

I lifted my head when I heard a knock on my door. Vic walked into my room and silently sat on my bed, curling his arms around me. I leaned into him, grateful he was like my uncle and would listen if I told him what was wrong.

"Vic, I," I began, trying to get control over my tears. "I had a sister, I was supposed to have a twin." I broke down in sobs, not able to control the words coming out of my mouth anymore. "When Mom was younger, my age, she cut herself when she was upset. I shouldn't want to do that but I do.."

I trailed off when I saw the pained look in his eyes. He hugged me even tighter and made me promise not to start, ever. I promised him, it was simple enough, right? I'd never broken a promise to my favorite uncle, so I felt comfortable in telling him I wouldn't.

After he went downstairs, I sighed, and lay down on my bed. I knew I'd have thoughts of my sister filling my dreams that night.