Chapter 16 - If I'm James Dean...

**Anna's POV**

Ew, I know I'm eighteen but seeing my mom and dad kiss is just straight up weird. Pulling out my phone after the ceremony, I texted my boyfriend of four months. Dad didn't know about Austin, and I preferred it that way. Austin was a singer in a new band, and my dad, for some freaking reason, was against me dating a band guy. It's stupid really, Dad is a band guy himself!

Feeling my phone vibrate, I pulled it out again and saw Austin had texted me, asking if I wanted to go on tour with him and his band! Holy freaking crap! I replied, saying I would have to tell my dad where I was going, and put my phone back in my bra. Don't judge me, it's convenient.

When I got back to my mom and dad, they were just about to cut the cake. I scurried over to their side, next to the girl my mom chose as her other bridesmaid, I couldn't remember her name. Before I knew it, it was time for their first dance. I had a plan with the other girl, I nodded to her and she got out a white acoustic guitar. She strummed it a few times and nodded. I took hold of the microphone from the emcee and started singing.

"Stay for tonight

If you want to

I can show you

what my dreams are made of

As I'm dreaming of your face..."

It was my mom's favorite song that my dad's band, Sleeping With Sirens, had written and performed. In fact, Dad told me he had come up with the lyrics for the chorus because of my mom. The first part was when he first proposed to her, and the second part was from when they had their first fight.

As I finished the song, I saw tears in Mom's eyes as Dad held her close. I had a bad feeling that everything wouldn't be at peace for long after they found out about Austin, but for now they seemed happy. I only hoped they would remember this moment forever.