Chapter 57- Little Family

Ro's POV

I entered our room and smiled softly seeing Nobu bundled up in the duvet, his hood up and kitten ears visible. His sleeping face looked relaxed and peaceful, little Spooks curled up on the pillow next to him, one of his hands resting on the kittens small form, their noses almost touching. Dad had known just what to do to help Nobu, I'd felt helpless and somewhat responsible for the state Nobu had been in, I knew crosses could get pregnant but I never put two and two together, but of course he'd have a menstrual cycle like a female. He'd been sent to bed with a hot water bottle, a hot chocolate and some aspirin, a glass of water also on his bedside, my mother telling him keeping hydrated would help with the cramps.

I got ready for bed before slipping in behind him, being careful of his lower back, knowing it would be sensitive. He felt warmer than usual but it wasn't a heat warm, my arm slipped around him and my hand found his swollen stomach, gently rubbing it and he purred in his sleep. Nobu had been worried about making a mess of the bed again so my mum had given him an old towel for him to put on the bed where his lower half would be.

He shifted and squirmed slightly in his sleep, his legs moving around, he seemed uncomfortable still. I gently pressed against his back, my knee slipping between his legs to get comfortable and I was surprised when he leaned back and squeezed my knee with his thighs, wiggling until my own thigh pressed between his legs, like he was sitting on my leg but on our side. For whatever reason it made him settle down, maybe the pressure eased his discomfort, I was afraid I'd knee him in my sleep, but it he was comfortable...

I sighed and got comfortable myself, my head resting on a bent arm, the other still over Nobu, hand under his shirt and running over his belly, hot water bottle in the hoodie pocket of his pyjamas, stopping it from moving in his sleep whilst soothing his pain.

I looked over Nobu's curls at the small ball of fluff sharing his pillow, it slowly expanding and rising as it breathed. Nobu had been attached to the kitten as soon as he'd got it, it had sat on his lap at dinner, the same in the sitting room where we'd spent some time. The kitten had apparently been rejected by its mum, it wasn't old enough to be on solid food yet and Nobu had carefully fed her a bottle of cat replacement milk, he'd looked a lot happier then, nursing the little kitten. He'd looked like a natural caring for it, thankfully he'd used a damp cotton ball rather than grooming to make the kitten go to the bathroom, it still needed stimulation at the moment, still dependant and needing care.

The kitten still had the baby animal smell, I felt protective of the little ball of fluff and seeing Nobu already bonding to it made the feeling only stronger, dad was right, it was like a test run of having cubs of our own and Nobu seemed to be a natural, a caring and attentive mother. My jaguar's influence and my own want to have cubs had grown seeing them together, my jaguar was sulking that he didn't impregnate Nobu, he could see how good of a mother he'd be to our cubs and that only made him yearn for them more.

I drifted off to sleep, happy my little family was safe.

...

I groaned in complaint when I felt Nobu move out of my arms, it was still dark, why was he up? I watched with sleepy eyes as his shadow scooped up the mewling Spooks. I slipped out of bed after him with a grumble and followed him to the kitchen. "Nobu why are you up?" I mumbled.

"Spooks needs feeding." was his reply and he handed the kitten to me as he got some warm water from the tap and put one of the readily prepared bottles of Spooks' milk into the warm water. Whilst he was up he took some more aspirin with a full glass of water, disappearing to the downstairs bathroom for a few minutes before coming back and checking the milk by dabbing a little on is arm to check the temperature.