Goodnight (Schneeplebro)

Trigger Warning: Drugs; Implied Stabbing; Implied Character Death; Implied Overdose
Pairing(s): Schneeplebro (Henrik x Chase)
Characters: Henrik Schneeplestein and Chase Brody (Anti is mentioned)
Summary: After being gravely injured by Anti, Chase is put under Henrik's care. Henrik didn't mind as they were dating. Little did he know this would be the last time he would see Chase alive.
6/19/21
xx-pandas-xx
__

Henrik sighed as he sat back beside Chase's bed. He just finished up stitching injuries. He should really scold his boyfriend for getting into fights, especially with the glitch demon known as Anti.

The doctor knew if this destructive behavior continued, he might not have Chase in the end of things, and he hated thinking about that. Thoughts like that scared him to his very core.

The man shoved those thoughts down as he checked over Chase. He frowned when the dad wasn't awake, not yet anyways. Then again, this was different from their other fights as Anti used his knife instead of fists.

The doctor let of a groan of frustration and left, leaving to get coffee. Maybe Chase would be awake when he comes back.

After making coffee and finally shutting up his intrusive thoughts, Henrik returned to the medical room. He took a drink of his coffee as he entered the room, so his view was temporarily blocked by the bottom of the light grey mug.

As soon as he pulled the mug away from his mouth, his light blue eyes met the darker blue ones that belonged to his boyfriend. Chase was sitting up and thankfully awake in his medical bed.

The other male smiled and waved. "Sorry for worrying you if I did, Henny. I didn't mean to scare you. I just- Anti insulted me at my lowest points and-"

Henrik cut his boyfriend off by kissing him on the lips. He chuckled when he pulled away. "It's fine, I understand. Just, please don't it again. Anti used his knife this time, and he might use it plenty of more times in the future," He warned, not wanting his boyfriend hurt again.

Chase nodded. He would of course obey his boyfriend and listen to him. He went sat up to get a better view but stop when he winced. "Ow, fuck!" He let out a hiss of pain and held the wound on his side.

The doctor's face went from pure bliss to a concerned one. "Are you alright? Do you need medication or anything like that?" He immediately got worried, getting up. "I can get you some painkillers if you need them."

Chase glanced at Henrik as he rubbed his aching side. "Painkillers? Basically drugs, right?" He awaited an answer, but Henrik already left the room in a rush. The sad dad laid back down, awaiting his boyfriend to return with said drugs.

Henrik soon arrived with cup and a few white, circular pills. They had to be painkillers as the doctor mentioned he would get them for him. He walked over and kissed his boyfriend's forehead. "Thank you for waiting," He thanked the dad, placing the pills and cup of water in the others' hands.

Chase glanced at the painkillers before looking at Henrik. He hesitantly took them and drink the water. He offered a smile back towards the doctor. "It's getting late. You should go to bed."

Henrik titled his head. "Huh? No, I just got coffee, and I'm not going to bed. You need to be looked after-"

Chase cut him off by kissing him. He wrapped his arms around the doctor's neck and pulled him closer before pulling away. "I love you, but go to bed. Right now." He chuckled, his pupils being a bit dialed for some reason.

Henrik rolled his eyes but nodded. "Alright, good night," He bid goodbye as he waved. He pulled out of Chase's loving embrace and headed towards the door.

The dad didn't say anything watched as the doctor left. It was as if he couldn't engage in speaking. He felt short on breath and the monitor was showing his heart rate going down. He didn't say really notice anything as he laid down and fell asleep.

Little did Chase know he won't wake up after that.