Egotober (Day Three) - Graffiti

Trigger Warning: Alcohol
Characters: Chase and Jackie
Summary: Stacy left, and Chase decided to have some fun in the town with his brother, but alcohol mixed with spray paint and a dash of sadness isn't a good idea.
Word Count: 400
Was supposed to be posted on 03/10/21 but is it posted on 02/07/22
__

Chase took another swing from his beer-filled cup, looking at his brother again. "Jackie, you have no idea how glad I am to have you still," The dad with no kids told his brother with a drunk-sounding voice. He swung back and forth as he was completely wasted.

Jackie frowned and immediately took Chase's beer. Ever since their younger brother went missing and Stacy left, Jackie had to be the one keeping an eye on Chase and his drinking habits. "Chase, you're being irrational. Stacy is concerned for herself and the kids.... Drinking to forget what happened isn't a good idea, okay?"

Chase only shrugged and hummed something as he continued to be slightly ignorant to what was going on around him. Yes, he was upset but drinking really wasn't helping. "I bought spray paint," The baseball-cap wearing ego exclaimed. He then chuckled. "Maybe we can spray paint something on a wall."

The superhero immediately shook his head at his brother's words. "What? Absolutely not, we can get in trouble with the law if we do that," He advised his brother. Watching him like this honestly scared him. What would happen if Chase got in trouble, and he didn't get to him in time? He would never forgive himself if he let that happen, even if it was an accident.

Chase just chuckled, looking at his brother as he wasn't taking his words seriously. "Come on, it'll be fun," The drunk told the hero as he went to grab something on the table. He then showed his brother that he picked up a red spray can. "Look at it!" The dad let out a hiccup as he saw the shock on his brother's face. "What? I thought red was your favorite color."

Jackie sighed as he looked away. Of course his brother brought the spray paint with them, and all he could do was be disappointed right now. The superhero's attention was snapped back to the dad once he heard something being sprayed. The only thing that could be responsible for that noise was Chase spraying all over the wall.

With a sigh, Jackie quickly grabbed Chase by the arm and took the spray can. "Don't use that ever again, got it," He asked, looking at his brother. After getting an understanding nod in response, the superhero looked at the damage. "I'll clean it tomorrow.... For now, let's go home."