17

Mercedes Paxton
"Pull up."

Kenzie kicks her legs in the backseat. "Ouu Mercedes is riding around in a Benz, ah."

"You're lame for that." I laugh.

We pull up to a large house and Lincoln is already outside. He gets into the other captain's seat and closes the door.

"Hi Lincoln. I'm Mercedes's mom. It's nice to finally meet you."

"Hi, it's nice to meet you too."

We all talk about random things. Sports, food, cars, etc. We pull up to the dealership and a representative immediately shows us a group of used Chargers and Challengers.

"I'm excited and I'm not even the one buying a car." Kenzie walks past a red Charger.

My mom's phone rings and she holds up a finger before answering and walking away.

"I really want a base model Challenger because they look better than the base model Chargers, but Chargers are less expensive when it comes to the insurance."

"Oh shit true." Kenzie replies, still looking through the cars.

"The thing is... can we fuck in the back of a Challenger?" Lincoln cocks an eyebrow.

"Man," I laugh. "Shut up."

"What are y'all laughing about over there?" Kenzie walks back. "I think you should get the red Challenger."

"I'll get tired of red, I think. I want black... or- man. I don't even know."

"Red! It fits you. Take a picture of me on it." She hands me her phone and walks back over to the car.

I walk up closer and I feel Lincoln stand behind me.

"Okay now, uh, ah shit. The sun- oh," Lincoln's hand softly caresses the small of my back before his other hand cups the top of the phone, to prevent the sunlight.

The whole interaction was only a couple of seconds but I have to keep myself from shivering.

"Ahhh okay Kenzie." I snap a couple of photos of her while Lincoln hypes her up dramatically.

"Okay lemme see," She grabs her phone. "Thank you."

I turn and search for my mom and see her inside talking to one of the car salesman. I look over at the black Challenger and walk up to it. "Guys! Come get in."

——————

We didn't end up finding any cars that I really liked unfortunately, so we left. We headed to my house and went to breakfast before Kenzie dropped us both back off at our houses.

I take the day to clean my room and study just because I got nothing else to do. Once it hits 6, I decide to watch some youtube videos to pass time before a call slides down at the top of my screen.

Incoming FaceTime call from... grant :)

I smile before answering.

"Hey g."

"Hey. What are you to this weekend?"

"Studying. I have a big test Tuesday."

"So you can't take a study break to come to a party tommorow."

"Mmmm."

"C'mon, we haven't hung out in forever."

"Aw what? You miss me?"

"Yeah." He looks up at me for a second before looking back down at whatever he was doing.

"I'll let you know okay? And if I can't make it, I'll make it up to you."