12

Mercedes Paxton
...Woah.

Lincoln pulls up to my house and we just sit there for a minute.

"You wanna come in?" I ask.

"Who's home?"

"My mom is in Atlanta. My dad is driving over to Las Vegas to visit his brother. And Ashton is spending the weekend with his girlfriend at our lake house."

"So we'll be alone..."

"Don't get any ideas." I unbuckle and he does too.

We walk up to my door, I unlock it, and we head in. We go into the kitchen and set all of our stuff on the counter. "What do you want to eat?"

"What do you have?" He ask and I look in the fridge.

"Want a Hot Pocket?" I turn and he nods, as he sits at the island.

I put them in at the same time and wait for them to cook. When the microwave dings, I grab them quickly and set them on the island. I sit next to him but on top of the island and we eat and talk.

"I'm bummed. We've never beat them in all four years of me playing football. We have bigger, faster people. I don't understand it sometimes." He says and I notice he's using his non-dominant hand to eat.

"Yeah it's always upsetting to lose. Is your wrist okay?"

"It hurts to move." He says and I squint at him.

"So you just weren't gonna tell anybody?"

"You squint a lot. Can you see?" He mimics my squint.

"I can see dummy. I do it when I think something is dumb... you notice that?" I glance over at him.

"Of course I do. Why do you sound surprised?"

"I don't know. No one has ever pointed it out."

"I straight up be admiring you, I notice it a lot," He shrugs. "And I was gonna tell Kenzie about my wrist tomorrow."

"Okay well we can still wrap it tonight." I say and jump down.

I walk to a cabinet and take out the first aid kit. I go back and sit where I originally was. "C'mere."

He groans and gets up. He gets in between my legs and I feel my body heat up. I grab the bondages and wrap it around his wrist evenly. I grab some tape and start to wrap the tape around it.

I can admit that it's hard to keep things "friendly" and "platonic" when he's in between my legs. I put the stuff back and he doesn't move so I look up.

"I'm done," I say and see his eyes are trained on my lips. "Lincoln."

He sets his hands on my waist and looks me in my eyes. "You know you're the only person who doesn't call me Linc."

"Do you want me to call you that?"

"No. I like the way you say my name." Both of his hands cup the sides of my neck.

I feel a rush of heat run over me, and that's when he presses his lips against mine. I kiss back, feeling slightly hesitant, and he steps closer to me so I wrap my arms around his neck. I can feel the kiss getting more and more sloppy as our bodies press against each other. He trails kisses down to my neck and I move my hands to his wrists as he finds my sweet spot.

A breathy moan leaves my lips causing him to groan against my neck. "You're so pretty, Cedes."

He moves to kiss my lips again but this time it's rough. He picks me up and a wave of surprise runs through me. He walks us to the living room and sits down with me on top of him. My lips move to his neck and slowly kiss down to his collarbone causing a sigh to leave him. I subconsciously grind myself into him causing a low groan to leave his lips, and his hands to guide my waist slowly.

"You have no idea how bad I want you." The way his voice drags out the statement in that deep low voice causes an eruption to occur in my stomach.

Along with the eruption came realization. I groan and drop my forehead on Lincoln's shoulder. "I can't. I'm so sorry."

"Don't apologize for something you don't wanna do."

"It's not like I don't want to... I'm just scared."

"Of what? Me?"

I move so we're face to face. "No. I just— I don't know."

"What makes you scared?"

I take a deep breath. "I don't know."

Truth is, I don't want him to ghost me. I don't want to fuck him so then he gets what he wants, then ghosts. It's not like I don't trust him. I don't trust guys in general. I fucked Grant cause I didn't think we'd talk afterwards. But part of me hopes Lincoln actually likes me for me. But I also know that when dudes are horny and a girl can't give him what he wants he'll just go to one who will. I hope his feelings are real but it's only been like 2 and a half months. I don't know, all I know is I haven't felt like this in so so long.

"What're you thinking about?"

"Nothing." I shake my head as I get off of him.

He stays sitting down and my eyes catch the prominent bulge in his sweats. I would laugh but I just feel guilty this time.

"Sorry about... that?"

"You're good. I'm gonna go."

I walk him to the door and he hugs me. "Bye Carrington."

He rolls his eyes. "Ah. Night Paxton. Text me."

I watch his pull off and I close the door. "I am so fucking stupid."

end of chapter;

it's shorter than most chapters just cause i didn't know how to end this hoe. but that's it🤲🏾✨💓

          -xo💞