7

Mercedes Paxton
Second Times the Charm

I get out of my shower and check my phone.

lincoln - ok ill be there in 15

And that was from 12 minutes ago. I frown and quickly get changed. I change into my old white volleyball jersey and some leggings with some white Nike socks.

I put my hair in a low ponytail and hear the doorbell. I grab my binder and rush downstairs and see my dad already opening the door.

"Shit." I mumble.

"Ah Carrington. Whatcha doing here?"

I can't hear what he says but my dad moves to let him in.

"Hey." He says.

"Hey." I smile.

"I want you guys to work in the living room." My dad says.

"Why?" I squint at him and he squints back. "Oh. Okay."

We go in the living room and I sit on the couch and he sits on the other side of the table, on the floor so we're facing. We kinda just copy down the answers and questions from our phones. I chew my lip as I hear my dad go back upstairs.

We use the next hour to finish our project.

"We've definitely gotten to know each other this past month." He looks up at me and I hum.

"I'm hungry. C'mon." I beckon him to get up, with his backpack. We head into the kitchen and I pop a pizza into the oven.

I chew my lip again as I speak up. "We gotta talk about Friday."

He licks his lips and looks over at me. "Was there a problem?"

"I- no. I just think staying friendly is the way to go."

He leans against the fridge as I lean against the island. "I was trying to prove that you're attracted to me."

"Well you were wrong."

He rolls his eyes and stands up tall. He walks over to me and puts his hands on either side of me, trapping me.

He gets close and I feel his minty breath on my face. "Now that I think about it, we were interrupted on Friday."

"Lincoln."

"I wanna kiss you but you aren't attracted to me, right?"

I roll my eyes and he kisses me aggressively and I kiss him back immediately. His hands go to my waist and pulls me closer.

"God. You're annoying." I mumble against his lips.

I feel him smile against my lips, before softly biting down on my lower lip and slowly tugs at it then lets it go. My lip snaps back into place and our eyes meet.

"I'm gonna go home before this turns into something else." He chuckles looking down.

He backs up and puts on his backpack. I walk him to the door.

"Bye Carrington." He walks out and I lean against the doorframe.

"We're still on a last name basis?" He chuckles.

"Yup."

"What do I need to do, huh? Do I need to tongue you down?" I laugh and he backs up toward his car. "Bye Paxton."

I wave at him and he smiles, turns around, and continues walking to his car. I close the door and bite my lower lip. "Goddamn."

I go take out the pizza and grab a piece.