3

Mercedes Paxton
Blast from the Past.

"Okay, if you could end one issue in America, what would it be and why?" I ask Lincoln.

Me and Lincoln are currently sitting in the middle of the football field working on our project. Practice ended about an hour ago but I suggested staying cause it's nice and quiet out here.

"Probably homelessness. Because everybody deserves a roof over their head and to be nice and warm inside of their own space. The amount of people I see on the street during Winter is insane. I don't know, it just does something to me."

I stop writing and look up at him. He's picking at the turf and he looks kinda zoned out.

"It makes you feel guilty. Because at times you take your home and family for granted. I feel it too." I look back down and summarize his answer.

He lays down and picks up his phone. "Ight. My turn... Growing up, what is something you've learned to live by?"

"Oh easy. Fuck bitches, get money." I shrug and Lincoln daps me up. I smile and he chuckles. "But seriously something I've learned to live by... knowing that not everybody is gonna like you. And you can't force them to either. It's either they rocking with you or they not."

He types my answer out on his phone, when I get a Snap.

from ashton's bitch ass

I open it and he asks me where I am.

I look at Lincoln. "Smile."

We snap a quick pic together and I show it to him. "Damn. I look good."

I send it to Ashton, and continue to look through my questions.

Lincoln takes a picture of me, and I roll my eyes.

"Next question. What makes you, you?"

"Football. It's what made me who I am today."

"Football isn't all that hard from what I've seen." I don't look at him as I write down his response.

He gets up and runs to the end zone. "Lincoln- What the hell are you doing?!"

"Go long!" He yells.

"Are you seri-"

"Just do it!"

I sigh and get up. I run to about the middle of the field and he throws the football. I catch it and shrug.

"See! Not hard!" I laugh, until I see Lincoln running toward me at full speed. "Lincoln... whatcha doin?"

He continues to run toward me so I book it with the ball. "Nah, c'mere, miss 'football isn't hard'."

He tackles me, and practically knocks the wind out of me. "Oh my god." I breath out.

He pushes up and hovers over me. "See. Now imagine that but three times as worse."

His chain slips out of his shirt and dangles in my face. I hold in a smile as we make eye contact. We hold it for a few seconds before his eyes slowly trail down to my lips.

"Heyyyy Lincoln!" A high pitch voice calls out.

Lincoln gets up and helps me up. Three girls walk onto the field. "Sorry to interrupt, but we saw you guys were here and wanted to hang with you guys."

"We doing a project. Not exactly hanging out." I say.

"Didn't look like doing a project considering your stuff is all the way over there. You don't mind if we hang with you guys, right Linc?"