14

Lincoln Carrington
Feelings&Fries

Mercedes shifts in her stool after she sits down. She sets her phone on the table and looks up at me.

"I'm here. Where's the apology, so I can leave."

"You know you want food."

She looks up as if she's debating on whether she wants food or not and my eyes run over her face. The way her wavy hair frames her face makes her so much more pretty. And the way her tongue runs over her plump pink lips drives me crazy.

"You're right. I want curly fries." She looks back down at me and catches me staring at her lips. "Stop that."

"Sorry." I chuckle. "I can get you curly fries. Rachel can you get me a 3 large fries."

"I gotchu." My sister smiles behind the counter.

"3?" Mercedes cocks her head to the side.

"Yeah. 2 are for you."

"Aw you treat me so well when you aren't trying to guilt trip me into fucking you." She gives me a phony pout.

"Yeah. I'm really sorry about that."

"Mhm." Rachel puts a bag on our table.

Mercedes thanks her with a smile before being her attention back to me.

"I'm serious. I didn't mean for all of that to come out."

"But you meant it."

I hesitate. "Yeah. I did. And like I started with yesterday, it's not my business who you fuck. But seeing you come up the stairs with Grant, then hearing you was just a lot." I say not making eye contact.

"Wait. Hearing me?"

"Yeah I was coming out of the bathroom then went back in so you wouldn't see me. And then, well, I heard..." I pause and meet her eyes. "...you know."

"So you lashed out at me cause I fucked someone that wasn't you, even though we aren't dating or have thing for one another. I'm not following."

"Fuck. You know what I'm trying to say Mercedes."

She gives a taunting smile. "No, I don't think I do. Spell it out for me Linc."

"It made me jealous..." She continues to smile but raises her eyebrows for me to continue. "Because I'm starting to like you more than sexually."

"Woo. Thank you for using your words like a big boy."

I lick the inside of my check and sit back and she sits back with the same taunting smile.

"Mhm." I eat my fries, making my eyes leave hers.

"Look. I know we keep having those moments that make you think I'm just teasing you. And it's not like I mean to do it. My head just gets the best of me."

"Why though? You should know I usually never put this much effort into getting with a girl." I shrug

"Exactly. I don't wanna feel a conquest. Someone to check off the list. I've had that feeling before where I thought a guy really like me and we talked for 2 months then dated for another 2 and then I gave him what he wanted and he broke up with me. I don't need the additional attachments and feelings all for a one night stand."

She picks though her last few fries and looks zoned out. "You aren't a conquest at all. I never planned on telling you this, because I'm pretty sure you didn't remember but the first time I saw in was my Sophomore year and you looked hella confused cause you were a freshie and all..."

August of 2018: Sophomore Year

She looks hella confused. Maybe I should help her. Eh. But I'll be late... but she has a fat ass.

I ultimately decide to go help her. "Hey, you need help?"

She turns and I try not to look shocked at how pretty she is. In this moment I realize that maybe white girls aren't the move anymore.

Her eyes look up at me and she gives me a smile. "Yeah this school is a fucking circle can you help me find Ms Maurice in room..."

"N288? Yeah c'mon." We talk on our way across the school and she keeps biting her lower lip which drives my mind wild with some of the horniest shit I've ever imagined. "Here we are. I just remembered I never got your name. I'm Lincoln."

She giggles. "As in Abraham?"

"Yeah yeah, get the jokes out now." I smile at the fact that she laughed again before looking back up at me. "So can I get your name?"

She thinks about it for a second.

"No." She smiles before backing up into the room. "Bye Abraham."

She disappears into the class as the bell rings. I bite my lip and shake my head smiling as I walk to class with the image of her smile flashing through my mind every minute or so.

Mercedes smiles at the distant memory that I brought back.

"And I remember after that I never saw you at school." I say.

"Yeah my schedule got switched around. I definitely saw you though. You had a new girlfriend every week."

"Yeah... I was going through a hoe phase."

"Pfft phase?" She bursts out laughing and I lick the inside of my cheek, smiling.

"Haha. So funny." I smile.

She contains herself before speaking. "I forgot all about that memory."

"I thought about you every now and then. And yeah. I'll admit it was mostly about how I wanted to be in you or whatever, but I still thought about you, nonetheless."

She sucks her teeth to hide her smile. "Wow such a gentleman."

"Thank you thank you. I try."

"Yeah I think 'try' is the perfect word." She laughs and her phone dings.

She looks at it and smiles at it quickly, before setting it back down.

"Grant?"

She looks up. "How'd you know that?"

"Just a guess. What'd he want?"

"None of your business."

I pucker my lips to the side and she sighs. "He wants to hang out cause he's in town."

"Then go."

"We can always hang out another time."

"But why would you wait when you can just go. We already finished our fries."

"But you-"

"Go. I'm chilling." I say and she thinks about it for a second before getting up.

"I really appreciate you asking me to meet you here. I forgive you Carrington," She grabs her phone and heads toward the glass door before turning around. "But if you ever say something outta pocket like that again, we're throwing hands."

I laugh and she smiles before opening the door and leaving. I sigh as I pick up all of our trash and throw it away. Rachel is wiping off the counter and gives me a taunting smile.

"Ooo you like her." She teases.

I roll my eyes and grab a towel to help clean up before dinner rush.

end of chapter;

okay so i saw a comment about putting a chapter in lincoln's view and it helped so much with my writers block so ty and once again i'm uploading at a ridiculous time but 🕺🏾

but anyways what's going on in y'all heads rn? i like knowing.🌚

- j💗