8

Mercedes Paxton
How To Be A Bitch 101

I roll my eyes. "Imma have to call you back. I'm tired and don't wanna deal with you, Melissa."

"But I want to speak with my daughter." I can hear her pout.

"If you really wanted to speak with me you would've called me on time... two weeks ago. And I'm sick, so I'm tired and will call you later. Buh bye now." I hang up and plop my face into my pillow.

Why does she have to exist man? I try to clear my head but it doesn't work all of my anger comes boiling right back up. I sigh, get up, and head downstairs. I see the NyQuil sitting on the kitchen counter and quickly take some. I grab the ice cream and put some in a bowl. I take it upstairs and watch some tv as I eat.

When I finish I set it on my stand and finally feel sleepy enough to go to sleep.

————————

When I wake up I hear giggling. I groan, get up, and walk into the hallway. I walk toward the stairs and wait to hear anything. I don't, so I shrug and head back toward my room when I hear a moan come from Ashton's room.

"Gross!" I yell and I hear a girl laugh. "That better be Natalia!"

"Hi Mercedes!" I hear Natalia yell.

I giggle and go downstairs. I go into the living room and decide to watch Catfish when Lincoln's name pops up for a facetime.

I answer and his head pops into the camera. "Guess what?"

"No." I say and he frowns. "Fine. What?"

"I went to the doctor and he said I have the flu. I wonder who in the world gave me the flu." His head disappears.

"Uhm. I'm not the manwhore in this relationship."

"That has nothing- wait. Relationship?" His head pops back into frame.

I roll my eyes. "You know what I mean. Anyway, you're the only guy I've kissed recently. So you're the one who gave it to me sir. We all know what you be doing... ew. Now the regret is setting in."

"You know you like it when I kiss you. It's okay."

"Whatever Carrington."

"I just called to tell you that. My bad for giving you the flu, but I mean... you weren't opposing me kissing you. We can share the blame." He shrugs and another call comes through and I don't recognize it so I ignore it.

"Mmm okay." I chuckle and he looks over his shoulder.

"I gotta go. I'll call you tomorrow though. You better answer."

"Just cause you told me to, I'll have think about it."

He rolls his eyes and waves. "Bye Megamind."

I gasp as he hangs up. A small smile creeps up onto my face and I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I turn around and see Ashton and Natalia giggling before he grabs her waist and pulls her in for a kiss. I pout as I smile.

Man, I miss being in a relationship, but I immediately frown.

December of 2019 : Freshman Year

As I sit down on Jonah's bed, he stands in front of me.

"You wanna give me an early Christmas gift?"

"Mmm like what?"

His finger turns a curl of my hair and his hand moves to the top of his jeans. "I don't know. You tell me."