19 - Anger

~ Paranoid - Chase Atlantic ~
❤︎❤︎❤︎

⚠︎︎TW

Never be afraid to show me yourself, I've already seen it all in myself
-Elijah Chambers

"Why are you in such a good mood," Marcus asks as we walk towards Ebony's class.

I twirl around on the sidewalk. "Because my grandma called me four days ago. I'm going to see her this weekend," I explain.

I haven't seen her in a while. She's my best friend. She's helped me through everything, without ever putting the blame on me. As a kid I spent the most time with her. After school, when I was sick, on holidays.

Especially whenever my mom didn't want me around she'd take me in. She'd care for me. She's really the only person who'd ever hear me out and give me advice when everyone else couldn't. When everyone else didn't.

I hadn't got a chance to see her. Usually I'd visit a few times a week. But with college and moving across the country. It hasn't been easy. Sure we've called like twice, but it's not the same.

We reach the building of Ebony's class and sit down on a bench waiting for her to finish. It doesn't take long before she walks out but not alone.

With Ellie. Marcus and I glance at each other before looking back at the two, watching them like creeps. We are too far away to hear what they're saying but it looks like flirting to me.

"You think Ebony's," I start.

"Possibly. OH!" Marcus blurts out when Ellie kisses Ebony's cheek. Ellie walks off and Ebony plays with her fingers. Marcus places his fingers in his mouth before wolf-whistling loudly.

Ebony turns around and shields her face from the embarrassment she's feeling. "I can't believe you guys just watched that!" Ebony grumbles walking over to us.

"So..." I trail off.

Ebony shrugs. "I don't know, okay. Maybe yes, maybe no. But I lost feelings for Jordan. That's all I can give you, right now," she says.

Marcus and I stand up giving her a hug. "Alright now food! I'm hungry," she gripes. We all laugh and head to the cafe.

❤︎

"Dad?" I call out as I watch him stand in front of my dorm. He turns his head to face me. A small smile on his face. "You okay?" He's usually happier and more energetic to see me.

"Yeah, can I come in?" He asks. I take out my key unlocking the door.

"What's up?" I ask. Thankfully Ashlyn isn't here. I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be gone for the night. Which means I have the dorm to myself.

I place down my bag and face my dad. "I have something for you." He holds up a gold, heart shaped locket with a fancy, cursive R. Wait, I recognize the locket.

I take it from him and open it. It's my grandmother's, Rosalie. It has space for four photos but only three of them are currently filled. She always kept the people closest to her heart in here.

My mom, my sister and my grandma. "Why's grandma in this?" I ask looking up at him. How did he get this? She always keeps it around her neck.

"I'm sorry," he chokes out. He bows his head.

"No," I blurt out. He looks back up at me. Sadness in his eyes. "No," I repeat. My face heats up and I feel my eyes sting as tears build.

"Please tell me this is some kind of twisted, fucked up joke." Tears fall from my eyes as I stare at my father in disbelief.