29 - Happier

~ Into You - Ariana Grande ~
❤︎❤︎❤︎

You're my needed medication, you take away my pain -Elijah Chambers

"Oh my god!" I shriek as Ebony dumps glitter over my head after I had just put on lotion. I shake my head getting it out of my hair but most of it sticks to my body.

She laughs. "You look fine. And stop pulling at your shorts. If your ass shows, flaunt it!" She encourages. Ellie and I both laugh.

She has us all wearing these rhinestone, sparkly, tasseled skirts. I've paired mine with a black triangle lace bralette, something simple. Ebony's skirt is red while Ellie's is pink. They're both wearing a white halter top.

I wanted to wear something simple and less flashy at first. But they begged me. I hear a light knock at the door. "Are you guys done? I need to talk to River," I hear Eli's voice.

I've ignored him the rest of the night. I placed pillows between us but he somehow kept finding his way to my side of the bed.

"Catch," Ebony tosses me my lip gloss before opening the door. I catch it and step closer to the mirror so I can apply it better.

Ebony and Ellie walk out while Eli walks in. He closes the door before walking over to me. As I fix my hair, our eyes connect through the reflection of the mirror.

I wait for him to speak first. "I'm sorry," he breathes. I shrug, reaching for my hair brush. "Riv you can't be mad. I didn't expect her to show up and come with us to dinner. At all," he makes clear.

I toss my hairbrush back on the counter. I turn around to face Eli. "Well, I didn't expect you to go mute again and let her touch you and talk about getting back together with her. If you want to fuck her just say so," I mutter.

He runs a hand down his face. "Riv you know I don't."

"Do I? You didn't say anything last night so how would I know!" I whisper-shout so the others don't overhear.

"I will! Tonight or next time we see her," he assures. "Riv I only want you. You know that."

"Then show me," I say softly as I lean back against the counter.

He shakes his head. "Haven't I shown you that?" He asks.

I shrug. "After last night I couldn't even tell. Eli she was literally all over you," I point out. Hugging, touching, she even kissed his cheek goodnight while Eli stood still like a statue.

He sighs, running a hand through his hair. "I know, I know. I'm sorry." He steps closer and places his hands on the counter on either side of my body.

"I think my touch, kiss and fucking has shown how into you I am. So fucking into you and only you," he whispers.

I place my hand on his chest lightly pushing him back. "Show me that when you tell your ex to back the fuck off. Because you're mine and I don't like sharing." I wink before skipping out of the bathroom.

"Who's ready to party!" I shout.

Everyone cheers and I hear a deep chuckle. I look over my shoulder at Eli leaning his shoulder against the door frame. "I'm fucking you tonight," he mouths. I bite down on my lip.

"Um, let's go!" I mutter looking away from him.

❤︎

"WOOO!" I cheer as Jordan and Eli race down a slip n slide. Eli stands up but slips over knocking Jordan who's already struggling to get up.