Chapter 6

Stefania's POV

Danielle just got in the shower and my heart is beating out of my chest. I woke up as soon as Danielle started talking but acted asleep. A couple weeks ago I started to to realize how I felt about Danielle. I obviously never acted acted on my feelings. Well kind of. My love language is physical touch to everyone but more to my significant other. I always have to be touching Danielle it just makes me feel safe. I don't know what I'm going to do. I feel the same but she can't know that I heard her. Maybe I should ask her out tomorrow? We're exploring the city tomorrow so maybe it can be our first date. I make myself stop thinking and fall back asleep before she gets back in here.

A couple minutes later as I'm half asleep I feel the bed dip. I instantly know it's Danielle and wrap my arms around her lying my head on her chest.
__________________________

"Buongiorno Bella." I softly whisper to Danielle beside me as she reads a book. "How long have you been up?"

"Only for about 20 minutes. Not long at all." She says sliding her bookmark between the pages and putting her book on the nightstand. "We should probably get up if we want to start our day early. We have a lot to do."

She moves to get out of bed but I grab her arm. "No bambina, just 5 more minutes." I say pouting my lip.

"I can't say no to you! This isn't fair." She said rolling her eyes but obliging. I layed my head on her chest again and she plays with my hair.

"Stefania!" I hear Danielle yell. I jerk up in a heart beat. Then realize nothings wrong and she's just laughing at me now. "I said 5 more minutes!" I whine.

"Babe, it's been 20 minutes now! You just looked so peaceful so I let you sleep in longer." She says.

I feel my cheeks go red and began to say, "did you just— you just said babe." I say smirking.

"Oh shut up it just came out." She says nervously. I look her up and down to see that she got dressed and is now wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. How can someone look so good in just jeans and a hoodie? "You should probably take a shower since you fell asleep last night in the same clothes plus it just makes you feel better."

"Are you saying I smell?" I ask half joking and half offended.

"No! I just mean— that came out wrong! I—." She starts to say as she trips over her words.

"I'm just kidding bambina." I say laughing as I get up and go to my suitcase picking out an outfit. I choose jeans and a soft sweater. It's kind of cold in New York since it's fall. I notice my Italian pictures on the wall. I go in the kitchen area and see them there as well.

"Danielle!"

"What? Are you okay? Is everything alright?" She asks confused.

I start smiling ear to ear. "I can't believe you did that."

"Did what? You're really confusing me here."

I gesture to the apartment. "You put my Italian paintings up. That's so cute. You know how much that means to me." I say stepping forward and wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Stef, I know you like to make places homey, it's nothing." She says with her arms wrapped around my shoulders.
__________________________

We arrive at this restaurant called L'Artusi. It's an Italian restaurant so it was obviously a must. We eat outside at a table for two. Nothing can beat our food from Italy but breakfast was good. I take a video of Danielle slurping her spaghetti secretly then put it away as I say, "we should do what those couples do and each have one side and keep biting until our lips touch."

She gives a questioning look. "Oh come on! We've kissed before! Both as ourselves and our characters! This is a once in a lifetime thing please." I ask giving the eyes.

"It's not but yes fine!" She says as she takes one end and I grab the other end sticking it in my mouth. I secretly take a video of us as I impatiently wait for our lips to finally touch. When they do I grab her chin and peck her lips longer than I planned.

"You girls make a beautiful couple." We hear as we look to the right and an old lady stands there smiling. "What you guys have is a once in a lifetime don't lose it."

Before we could tell her we're not together she walks off. It seems like she was talking from experience. I wouldn't have minded to hear an of fashioned love story. I realize I'm still filming but it's on me and I quickly panic and end it.

Well... what's next?" Danielle asks ignoring what the lady said.

"How about Central Park?" I say excitedly.

We arrive and see kids running around, people walking their dogs, and people having conversations. This makes me miss Jeff. Jeff is staying with a friend because it'd be too much to bring her here plus our hotel doesn't allow dogs.

We walk around and let the nature sink in. I admire Danielle's side profile. Before I know it I'm leaning in.

"Look ducks!" She yells running over but scares them away.

"Bambina, you have to be slow otherwise they'll get scared and fly away like they just did." I say walking over to her.

We went to about five other places. We've went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I really enjoyed looking at all the paintings it was beautiful. We went to the Empire State Building. We just took a few pictures in front of it that someone took for us. I took pictures at all the places we went to because I can't wait to look back to this day. We obviously walked Time Square. We want to go there sometime at night because it'd look really cool with the lights. We went to a few other places and just ate dinner.

We just arrived at our last destination which is the Statue of Liberty. It's night time now so it's lit up which is absolute beautiful. Danielle stands beside me holding my hand. I'm falling in love with her. Today was perfect. I have pictures of putting ice cream on her nose then kissing it off and pictures and videos of everything we did today. To make this night even more special I want to make a move and kiss her. I honestly feel like a teenager again.

"It's so beautiful." She says looking at it.

"Yeah it is." I say but looking at Danielle.

She looks over at me then turns her body facing me. We look into each other's eyes, leaning against the railing, the wind hitting us. I step closer so our body's are now touching. I look at her lips then back at her eyes. I cup her check and slowly lean in eyeing her lips. I look at her eyes one more time to see they're on my lips. I finally press my lips to hers. Our lips move in perfect sync. It was very passionate and I tried to put all my feelings into that kiss. I couldn't help but smile against her lips which made our kiss stop. I rested my forehead against hers and brushed our noses together.

"I've wanted to do that for so long." She says catching her breath.

"Same." I say. "This day couldn't get any more perfect."

We change our positions and Danielle is in front of me leaning against the railing and I'm behind her with my body against her and arms wrapped around her. I lay my head against her shoulder and press a kiss to her neck.

"We are going to have to talk about this you know." She says putting her hands on mine.

"I know, but right now I just wanna enjoy this moment with you. No interruptions."