Chapter 19

Danielle's POV

"So what's the weather like in Italy?" I ask Stefania through the phone that's on speaker.

"It's kind of the same here. Summer is hot and winter is cold." She says.

"It's like two weeks away from Christmas and it's winter so bring some outfits that will keep you warm."

I let out a huff and unpack everything I had. "Baby if I say something, don't get mad okay?" She asks which makes me worried.

"Okay I won't." I say sitting in the bed waiting for what she's about to say.

"Okay, so in Italy, style is a huge thing. Everyone is always wearing stylish things. So don't bring an outfit like jeans and a sweater..."

"Then what am I supposed to wear Stefania?" I say getting irritated. "We leave in the next 48 hours I need to be ready!"

"Bambina, calm down okay? I'm done packing so I'm gonna come over and help you." She says calming me already.

"Okay... I love you." I say taking her off speaker and heading downstairs to wait for her.

"I love you, Danielle." She says and I can already hear her keys jiggling as she hangs up.

God I love the way she says my name, I think to myself.

I decide that since Stefania is coming over I might as well order take out for dinner because she'll probably stay tonight.

20 minutes later the door bell rings and I open it and get my food. Since Stefania isn't here yet I take the food out of the take out boxes and put them on plates on the dinner table to make it look like I cooked for us. I set out candles to make it romantic and put some soft Italian music on in the background. Now kets just hope she doesn't know I didn't actually cook.

A few minutes later I hear her special knock on the door and basically run to the door and open it. When she sees me her smile brightens. I'm so glad I'm not the only one. "Hi, Bambina." She says closing the door and wrapping her arms around me giving me a tight hug. I smile and lean into kiss her.

"Are you hungry? I ask holding her hand leading us to the table.

She hums and the glow of the candle makes her look absolutely perfect.

"I cooked for us." I say with a satisfied smile and take her chair out for her and scoot it in.

"Baby, I literally just saw the takeout box?" She slightly laughs pointing to the boxes on the counter that I forgot to throw away.

"Fuck!" I mumble under my breath then look at her with a pout.

"It's okay, let's just eat then pack your clothes okay?" She asks while holding my hand.

I nod and we talk about Italy and stuff that she wants to do while we're there throughout dinner. When we're done, Stefania helps me clean our plates then we walk to my room.

"Holy shit." Stefania says when she walks in my room.

I walk in right after her and look around and see my clothes spread across the floor.

"Oops?" I say with a embarrassed laugh.

"I'm guessing these are all a no?" She says slightly laughing looking at me for reassurance.

I nod and she puts the clothes in a pile on my bed. "Where are your winter things?" She asks.

I show her the side of the closet that's more of warm clothing and some dresser drawers.