Chapter 49

IZUKU'S POV

I came to a hult as soon as I heard the voice. I quickly glanced around me, making sure that it wasn't a random citizen who had said that while talking to somebody else. I sighed. "Are you one of the successors?" I asked, now once again going after my friends and Gran Torino.

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain rip through my skull and I stopped again, taking hold of my head in an attempted to stop the head ache. "W-what i-is that!?" I managed to get out as small tears formed on the corners of my eyes. I gritted my teeth and tried to keep my voice down as much as I could. I didn't want to catch the attention of neither Uraraka nor Shinso and worry them.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder and a familiar warmth spread around my body as the pain started to slowly submit. I didn't turn around, I knew very well that even if I did, at that moment I wouldn't be able to see anyone. Though, I could tell that one of the previous holders had came to my aid. "Thank you" I whispered as I relaxed my body.

"I'm sorry for my quirk ninth. Sometimes, it can be a bit too much for someone to take". I subconsciously nodded, slowly closing my eyes and trying to concentrate on the person's presence. I felt the invisible threads connect with each other and a surge of power enveloped me. Knowing that I had succeeded in initiating a bond with the vestige, I opened my eyes again, for this time to be met with the sight of a man.

He had long hair that reached nearly his shoulder, sharp eyes and ripped, nearly destroyed clothes. A scar that looked like a lighting bolt was going across his face, beginning from up left and reaching his mouth, passing through his left eye in the meantime. I stared at him in awe, having just met another great hero that used to wield the same power as me. He smiled kindly and extended his hand, me only then understanding the noticiable height difference we had. I took hold of his hand and shook it while he started to introduce himself.

"It's an honor to finally be able to meet you ninth. My name is Shinimori Hagake and I am the fourth user of One for All". I smiled back at him, making a quick bow in front of him. "The honor is all mine" I said before I stood up again.

I saw him turn and glance quickly behind us, a frown appearing to his face accompanied by a worried expression. Immediately, that made me feel uneasy too, remembering the warning I have heard him say to me earlier. "Mr Shinimori, you said that I should get ready. What is going to happen?". He seemed to snap out of whatever trace he was in and turned to look at me. Even if he tried to mask it, I could tell he was still upset. He locked eyes with me and I could see how apologetic they were.

"I'm afraid that something bad is going to happen ninth. I don't know what, but my quirk is going off like crazy. Whatever it is, it's going to happen soon. I don't have much time with you". I looked back at the direction he was previously facing, seeing the smoke from the explosion still rising and now small flames lashing out behind the buildings. "That's where my friends are heading" I murmured and my fists started to clench. I couldn't let them get hurt, I promise to them that I wouldn't. My whole body was trembling and I was ready to take off then and there if it wasn't for the voice that stopped me.

"Please ninth, calm down! I know that you are worried about your friends but if you go there like that, you might make things worst. Let me explain my quirk to you first. Or else it will be an obstacle to you in your fights!". I snapped my attention at him, contemplating what he had said. I tried to relax, as he instructed me to do, though I still kept being on edge, in case something happens. "Was that pain I felt before your quirk? That's why I was able to talk with you too?".

He nodded. "You need to unlock our Quirks so that such bond could be formed. Otherwise, we could still interact with you, just not 'physically'. Now, about my quirk. Its name is danger sense. It's like a sixth sense, which warns you about any incoming danger by sending impulses to your head. The greater the danger is, the stronger the impulse is and so is the pain that comes with it. Of course, there is the choice for you to turn it off if you want to".