Heavy is The Head That wears The crown

Pt.2 of "The King's Jewel"

Fandom: Original

Length: short

----------------------

Livia burst through the room pushing open the thick wooden double doors. She didn't care that they were seconds away from hitting the white-haired giant behind her.

The dinner banquet had been canceled early due to the incident. After the guards cleaned up the head and body of lord Ashford the guests were asked to leave at once.

" Darling could you just wait for a moment I-"

Livia stopped in her tracks and turned to face him with a glare on her face. " How could you? That was completely uncalled for and an idiotic thing for you to do."

D'Artagnan sighed and lowered his head for a quick second. He cringed at the thought of his lover and wife being upset at him. " My love, you know how I react to other men that try to woo you in front of me. What was I supposed to do?"

The young queen shook her head and scoffed at his response while moving to her vanity to pull off the jewels that decorated her body.

"Um let me think... how about not decapitating the lord of a neighboring kingdom. Don't you realize the conflict that could start? We are looking to unite with the neighboring kingdoms not start a war."

The large brooding king looked down in defeat. He knew that his possessiveness could get out of hand at times but he just couldn't help himself. Once D'Artagnan married Livia his whole world changed for the better.

She had become the light in his never-ending darkness, and he'd be damned he let anyone take that away from him.

"Well lovely, what would you have me do? Stand there like an idiot while I let that insignificant fool inappropriately touch my wife? Or maybe I should take a page out of your book and just stand and smile."

Livia stared at him in complete and utter shock. She couldn't believe that he was really trying to excuse him for murdering somebody during a royal banquet.

" Excuse me, are you really trying to blame me for your mess? He was just introducing himself, sure he was a little flirtatious but that didn't warrant a death sentence. "

D'Artagnan knew that he was digging a hole for himself the more he tried to explain his side of the story. Normally the dragon king of the east would have no problem admitting when was wrong to his dear wife.

However, in this instance, he truly couldn't see his fault in the situation.

Livia could see the gears turning in her husband's head. Sometimes it frightened her how he couldn't see that murdering somebody on the spot was wrong. She understood how different his life was before they married but that was something that she thought she could change.

Walking over to the bed, Livia sat down and reached her hand out to signal him to come closer.

D'Artagnan 's amber-colored eyes followed her every move and without hesitation grabbed the hand that was calling out to him.

Livia took his hand and ushered him to the bed to sit right beside her. Taking both of his hands into hers's Livia looked deep into his eyes for a moment trying to see what he was thinking.

"Why can't you believe me when I say that I would never leave you? Do you not trust me?"

D'Artagnan shook his head no before speaking," Of course I trust you dove, more than you know. It's everyone else that I don't trust.

Livia looked at her husband's face for any sign of him joking but couldn't find any. Grabbing his face gently with her hands, she pulled him closer to her, " My love if you never listened to me before please hear me now, I love you with all my heart and there's nobody that can take me away from you."

D'Artagnan stared into her eyes and quickly placed his lips onto hers. They kissed fiercely until Livia pulled away to be able o breathe again.

He pulled her into his arms and wrapped his arms around her tightly, resting his head on top of her head.

There was nothing left to be said, they both knew that her statement was enough to confirm what was already known about their marriage.

Livia would never willingly leave, and D'Artagnan wouldn't let her.

And nothing could change that.

---------------------

Hope you guys liked this, I'm posting this pretty late so I'm sorry if it seems a bit rushed.

But anyway I finally out some free time and plan on updating my books this weekend!!!!!

So if you like this and want more please don't forget to vote and comment.