Curtain Call

Latoya Galindo

Fandom: Mayans MC 

Fandom: Mayans MC 

Length: Medium/short

-------------

Latoya slowly traced the edge of her large pool that overlooked the glorious hills. In her hand was a small glass cup that held a brown liquid and two large ice cubes. The slight chill from the evening air made her wrap her silk black robe tighter around her body.

    She looked out farther in the distance and could see the various colors of fireworks light up the night sky. The continuous popping sound put her body in a trance-like state. Here she was spending another holiday alone because her husband thought that working was more important than her.

Latoya understood that Miguel was a very busy man and that his work demands things from him often, but she didn't think that it would turn into an everyday thing.    

Lately, it seems like their marriage was entering into a hiatus. Their sex life was also affected by the tension. 

Most times Miguel would arrive home really late, and his wife would be asleep. And other nights she would be so irritated, she wouldn't even let him touch her.

The nice of the patio door sliding back snapped Latoya out of her thoughts.

"There you are amor, what are you doing out here? It's 2 am"

The housewife didn't even bother turning around to face him." I'm surprised you even noticed, dear." she said dryly. 

Miguel sighed and placed his hand on his forehead in frustration." come on, let's go to bed. We can discuss this in the morning."

That sentence made Latoya snap in anger." Discuss this in the morning? You say that every time we fight. And like an idiot, I believe you. Not this time Miguel! We are gonna talk about this right now!"

Miguel looked at his wife in silence with confusion written on his face." T, what is this all about? We've barely talked in a month, and now I come home to my wife is yelling with me."

Latoya shook her head and walked around the pool closer to her husband." Have you ever asked yourself why we haven't talked in forever? Miguel... you're never here! Almost every night I have to eat dinner and fall asleep in a big empty bed all by myself. I'm tired of feeling alone in this marriage."

Miguel placed his hands on his hips and stared at the ground." I know that I haven't really been around, but I promise it's going to get better. Once we are finished with our business in Mexico, so much of my time won't be taken up."

Latoya scoffed in disbelief," Baby you said that before you even started going to Mexico. So I'm sorry if I'm not quick to believe you this time. " She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair in anguish. 

Miguel was at a loss for words, everything she was saying was true. Even after he was done working in Mexico, it would only be a matter of time before another problem would take up his time.

Latoya could feel the tears pool up in her eyes before letting them fall on her cheeks." Umm... I-I don't want to do this anymore." she mumbled lowly to herself.

Then she built up the confidence to say it again but louder.

"Miguel, I can't do this anymore"

Miguel's head snapped up instantly when he heard her say those words." What do you mean? Baby what are you saying?"

Latoya was trying to make her way back inside of the house but was stopped by Miguel who grabbed her shoulders.

"T, talk to me, don't shut me out like this c'mon!" Miguel pleaded with his wife in despair.

She quickly ripped away her arm from his iron tight grip, " See Miguel you don't listen to me! I'm tired of talking, it doesn't get us anywhere. So I done."

Miguel looked at her like she grew three heads, " Done with what, T...this conversation or this marriage?"

Latoya looked at her feet for a moment and then looked up at Miguel before continuing," Both..."

And with that, she slid open the patio door and walked back into the house. Leaving her newly separated husband alone to think about the events that just took place.