Young & Beautiful

Virginia Banks

Fandom: Great Gatsby Length: long -------------

Length: long
----------
---

It was another Saturday morning for Nick Carraway. The sun was shining through his open window in his quaint bedroom. At the moment he was busy trying to write some new material about his visit to west egg. 

Movement from outside gained the young writer's attention. Getting up from his seat, he moved to the window to get a closer look.

Outside there were multiple teams of men moving new furniture and large party props into the gate that surrounded Jay Gatsby's large estate. 

Normally, this site wouldn't have struck Nick as strange because every weekend Gatsby was known to throw a grand party. However this time there was way more works and the props they brought in seemed to be more expensive than usual.

Nick took off his glasses and placed them on the desk by his bed and walked outside of his home. He walked down the little dirt road leading up to the gate, watching as the workers carried off the items. 

" Hello, old sport, new weather we're having right?"

Nick turned around to face the owner of that well-known voice, seeing jay Gatsby in the flesh. 

"Yes, it is.....Hey, what is all of this, if you don't mind me asking?" Nick pointed at the truck full of stuff behind him.

Gatsby followed the direction Nick was pointing in confused," What? My  party decorations?"

Nick scoffed looking at the blond-haired man," More like your million dollar party decorations. Jay.. these are extraordinary, I've never seen anything like them before."

Jay looked at the men bringing in the stuff, then back at Nick" You really think so old sport? It's just that I have a special guest coming and I want this party to be the best one yet."

Nick smirked as he saw the nervous look appear on Gatsby's face. His mind automatically leads him to his cousin Daisy. Half of the parties thrown at the Gatsby household was to gain Daisy's attention. However, the only problem with his theory was that Daisy was on vacation with her husband Tom.

"Oh, I didn't know Daisy was back in town. Usually, she would call me"

Jay turned around to face Nick fully with confusion written all over his face," Daisy..? No old sport... Oh, you must think that I was talking about her. No this is a dear friend who has known me since I was young. Before I had even thought about joining the war."

Nick looked at him for a moment, Gatsby never mentioned anything about an old close friend. And to tell the absolute truth, he himself was kind of jealous. Over the summer he had grown close to Jay Gatsby and secretly considered himself jay's best friend. For he was the only one who actually spent time with the mysterious millionaire other than this so-called old friend.