The King's Jewel

Livia

Fandom: Original Length: Long-----------------------

Fandom: Original
Length: Long
---------------
--------

In a foreign land east of the mountains and near the rushing blue seas lived a grand kingdom. This said kingdom was home to one of the most brutal kings ever known. His malicious and spiteful ways instilled fear into the hearts of the villagers nearby.

Petty crimes like simple theft were often met with execution. The fearful king was known as D'Artagnan Pendarvis, the dragon of the east. Many tales have been told about the king was had amber colored eyes because they were filled with dragon fire.

People thought there would be no end to the reign of the king, however, they were wrong.

After a long argument with his advisor, it was agreed that the king would finally take a wife to produce an heir.

The process of searching for a wife took forever. The king's guard travel all over in search of a wife for the king. Many nobles hide their daughters in fear of mistreatment, but that didn't stop the guard from raiding the houses.

Eventually, the last place to search was the outer banks of the west. There, lived a small village that housed people with darker complexions compared to those who lived in the east. Livia Capulet was a countess who never heard of the king.

The village was smaller in size compared to others, so the news didn't intercept their walls as they would in larger kingdoms.

Livia's parents agreed to the offer of marrying off their daughter to the dragon king once they received a dowry.

The king was hesitant about marrying his new queen. He wouldn't even give her a small glance after she arrives in fear of rejection from the beautiful creature. For weeks the pair would dine together every night without saying a word to each other. Every time Livia would try to make conversation, she would be met with grunts and growls.

But eventually, as time went on, they got used to each other and let down their guards. D'Artagnan started to become more open and gracious when he was around Livia, and this was one of the things he liked most about her.

The ability she had to make him into a better king and a better person. And for this reason, alone he started to become protective and possessive of his queen.

------------------

It was another beautiful day in the Kingdom. The castle was filled with busy servants who hurried about trying to prepare everything for tonight's celebration. Recently the kingdom had allied with land across the sea. Tonight's assembly would celebrate their new union between the two.