Better For You

Freya Odinson
goddess of love, fertility, war & death

Freya Odinson goddess of love, fertility, war & death

Fandom: Avengers/ marvel
length: long

-----------------------
------

It was another peaceful productive day in Norway. The former Asgardians were getting use to their new life on Midgard. The new choice of settlement was ironic given that Norway was once believed to have been home to the Vikings, who were followers of the Norse gods. 

 There has been a lot of changes within the last few years. From Ragnarok happening, to the death of Loki, and the snap things just haven't been the same.

Thor sadly sank into a deep depression, and no matter how hard she tried Freya couldn't help him get out of it. She just figured it had to run its course and be there for him no matter what. 

The kingdom was run by her with help from Valkyrie, it was hard at first but eventually, they got the hang of it. 

The last few years have been rough, now and then Freya would check-in with the other avengers to see how they were doing. Since the snap, the team has taken a large hit. Freya was stuck in space with tony when the snap happened, her mind raced to wonder if thor had survived the snap as well. 

When they finally returned to earth with the help of some woman named carol, she was relieved to find out that thor was in fact still alive. 

While they were in each other's arms, he kept mumbling ' I had him...... I had him'. Freya didn't know what he meant, later finding out that thor almost killed Thanos. The belief that he failed his teammates and everyone around him is what led him to repress himself and separate from his wife.

Eventually, the team had one last mission to kill Thanos and try to reverse the stones. However, when they got there, they found out the stones had been destroyed. And before Thanos could say another thing it was off with his head. 

That's when thor began to distance himself, he had no interest in leading his people. All he wanted to do was play video games with meik and Korg, drink beer, and eat. Freya tried to get him to go outside and talk to his people, but he didn't have any motivation to do so. 

The work was tough, but somebody had to do it. Freya was just happy that she had some type of help. 

Most people would expect Freya just to leave, and not put up with thor's nonsense anymore, but she loved him dearly and this was a time that he needed her the most. 

Currently, the young queen was in town helping with the fishing harvest. Every month the town would collect as much fish as they could to export to nearby countries in enhance for other resources. 

"Ok V, we need to make seven more shipments to meet the deadline tonight." Freya checked off on her clipboard.

"Umm your majesty, we have visitors"