Chapter 8-Future Events

Barry Narrated

I didn't know what to think, I saw my mother dead which ended up with me, but my daughter saw not only her mother but her entire family dead. I saw in Caitlin's face that she was very shaken by all that, by the way everyone was. not the future we wanted for our children.

William: On the same day you died your identity was revealed, your death worried the whole world, as without you there were no more heroes to protect the earth, many went to the funeral, they looked at us and whispered if we were we were going to take over your "mantle", that day was known as...

Natali: the day the heroes fell.

Natali's pov

I said entering the room, everyone looked at me, my mother stood up and hugged me tightly

Caitlin: are you okay? — she asked worriedly.

Natali: Mom, I'm fine, I said — giving her a smile to reassure her.

Barry: you should be resting, you received a stabbed. — my father said taking my mother's side.

Natali: It was nothing serious — smiles at both of them — it's not my first wound in a fight — they looked worried at me — there, thanks to Clary I'm great look — I said showing my belly that didn't have a scratch.

Caitlin: are you sure you're alright?

Natali: yes — smiles at her who gave a calmer smile — I've slept for 2 days I'm fine!

Caitlin: Okay.

Natali: Willian I can finish telling them, go rest I know you shouldn't have rested at all.

William: are you sure? — he asked knowing that that story hurt me a lot.

Natali: I have now go to rest. — He agreed and went to rest after saying goodbye to everyone, I sat down in front of them — he was talking about what happened when you died, right? — They agreed.

Felicity: honey, you don't need to tell if you don't want to...— she said seeing that the subject wasn't easy for me.

Natali: It's ok...you really need to know — I said — after you left, they spoke their identities, and ours saying that we were the children of heroes...

Flashback On

It was our parents' funeral, I looked at their names engraved there and I couldn't believe that all that was happening, I just wanted to wake up and that everything was just a nightmare. Tears rolled down my face, my greatest desire was to go back in time and stop it, but every time I thought about it I heard my father's voice saying that we couldn't change time, it could only get worse. I was stuck there when I heard a crowd approaching, I looked back and saw several people coming towards us.

Mia: what do they want?

Natali: I don't know, let's find out — I said, wiping the tears that fall — you stay here — I spoke looking at Ruby and Bart — William stay with them — he agreed and then we walked to stand in front of that crowd, there were a lot of people including reporter and camera recording — what are you doing here?

Unknown: we want to see the headstones of the "heroes" — he said the heroes part with ironies which annoyed everyone. And I took a step in front of him.

"That won't happen"— Clary said a little annoyed.

Natali: No — I spoke firmly, they mumble something, the journalists just recorded it all.