Chapter 13: SUMMER NATIONALS

A: You two go on ahead, me and -

"Master!"

A: IN YOUR DREAMS

"Aww, *pinches cheeks* You think I dream about you? That's cute."

A: That's it Shortstack, fight off your undying love for me.

"Last I remember, you were the one with the undying love." I reached up and flicked Atsumu's forehead.

M: What?

"Oh nothinggg." I picked up my bag and tossed it to Atsumu. "Now bend a little, I don't feel like walking home."

A: YOU KNOW WHAT?

"Slaaaaave. Could you move your head I want to see what's in front of me"

*through gritted teeth* A: THAT'S NOT MY NAME.

O: Does the donkey want a carrot?

M: Or maybe a sugar cube.

"I'm pretty sure they eat straw??? Or maybe some hay?"

A: I'm going to kill you, all of you.

"There, there, Boy. Be still for Master." When I hopped on his back and he stood up, it seemed to trigger a memory of Kuroo. Maybe it was being this high up, or maybe it was having Atsumu's hand support my thighs, I wasn't sure, but I missed him...

A: Everything alright?

*smile* "Yeah...let's just get going. Samu, Mia, would you mind abusing Atsumu a little later."

M: How is it fair that you're hogging our communal servant?

"Because it was my idea?"

O: Let's go get some Meat Buns Mia. I'm sure we'll get our turn soon. After all, I've never been so excited for him to get home.

I mouthed a silent thank you to Samu and said goodbye. Atsumu started walking us home, but my mind couldn't help thinking of Kuroo...I wonder how he's doing...was he happy? Did he find whatever he was looking for?

A: Don't think so hard, you're going to hurt yourself.

"I'm sorry...."

A: What got you so worked up?

"Nothing" I tightened my grip around Tsumu's neck and rested my head on his shoulder.*whispers* "I just remembered something is all."

A: Is it the time I carried you home from practice for a week?

FLASHBACK

When Mia and I were in grade five, our team started playing for wins, no more participation trophies. Just like we showed up to all their games, the twins showed up to all of ours. Atsumu and Osamu were in grade six so they hadn't gotten too busy with school yet. At this one game, I went for the set, but when I landed, I rolled my ankle. I didn't want to sit out so I pretended it didn't hurt. I played through the pain and when the game finally ended, we won.

A: (P/N), let's go to the park, I really want to practice that set with you. Samu, Mia, you two go on ahead, we'll meet up with you guys later.

Mia and Samu left to grab our traditional after game onigiri, leaving me and Tsumu alone. "Is the park far away?"

A: Hmmmm, I don't know. Would it be a problem if it was?

"No, not at all! Just tired..."

A: You're not lying to me, are you?

"Tsumu..." Atsumu bent down in front of me.

A: Hop on, you're hurt, you idiot.

"You noticed."