Chapter 14: WRONG IDEA

A: LIKE HELL YOU ARE! SHE BELONGS TO INARIZAKI.

Y: SHE'S NEKOMA'S PROPERTY COUNTRY BOY!

"I actually belong to no one. Kind of an adult. Kind of my own person. So if you could kindly let go I'd greatly appreciate that."

Kita: Atsumu.

A: Sorry Sir.

K: Yamamoto.

Y: Can you blame me?! She's been gone long enough! It's time to bring her home.

Kita: I'm afraid that's not possible.

"Cause you'd miss your fiancé?"

Kita: No.

A/Y: HIS WHAT?

Kita: She's kidding.

"Fine, then you tell your grandma."

FLASHBACK

It was a normal day of practice with the boys, normal until my mom burst through the door. I was in the middle of a jump set when I heard the only thing that made my blood run cold.

M: (F/N) NEKOMATA-KUROSU

"Mom?"

D: Hana? What are you doing here?

M: NORIMUNE KUROSU, YOU'VE KEPT MY DAUGHTER FOR THREE MONTHS. THREE MONTHS! AND YOU LET HER "MISS HER TRAIN"??

"Hana, it's just that-"

M: AND YOU (F/N) NEKOMATA-KUROSU, YOU LET THIS HAPPEN.

A: Since when is her last name Nekomata-Kurosu?

O: It's kind of a mouthful.

G: I've never seen (P/N) this scared.

S: Or Coach.

D: Hana, it's just that -

M: NOPE, NO, NO. NO MORE TALKING. (F/N), we're leaving.

"Yes ma'am!"

Aran: Man, she's really scared.

A: I don't think I've ever seen her this stiff.

Kita: Miss Nekomata, it's nice to see you again.

M: Shinsuke? Shinsuke Kita, is that you?

Kita: Yes ma'am.

M: HOW ARE YOU? IT'S BEEN FOREVER. Come here, give me a hug.

"Mom-"

M: (P/N) and I are going up to your grandmother's hostel to catch up. It'd be wonderful if you could join us and I'm sure your grandmother would appreciate it.

Kita: I'd love to Ma'am. Unfortunately, I'm this team's captain so I have to see practice through. If it's not too much trouble, I could accompany you both after practice ends, that's only if you don't mind waiting.

A: Leave it to Kita to be the only one who can soothe the savage beast.

M: It's Friday, I'm sure, (P/N)'s FATHER *glare*, would be okay with cutting practice a little early. Especially since his daughter was supposed to come home last week and "MISSED HER TRAIN."

"Mom, but Inter-Highs-" Mom gave me the same glare that she gave Dad, telling me to shut up.

M: (P/N)?

Just say what she wants and give her a smile. "Me and Shinsuke would love to leave early! I'm sure everyone would!"

M: Norimune?