II

"Ms. Y/l/n?" The groggy sound of a voice filled Y/n's ears. Her head was rested against her folded arms. Slight drool falling from her lips. "Ms. Y/l/n!" Her head shot up to see her professor with a soft smile on her lips. 

"Class is over hun, maybe you should check in with your other professors to let them know if you aren't feeling well." Professor West patted her back. Professor West has dark brown hair that was pulled up in a tight ponytail. Her pale skin was flushed with natural pinks. 

Y/n yawned, quickly picking up her scattered items she was going to use to take notes. She would have to ask a friend for the notes for this lecture. "Thank you professor, I just didn't get a lot of sleep last night."

After the mob encounter, she couldn't sleep. Tossing and turning at the thought that if it had been anyone else she would've been dead, but it was him. For the life of her she could not understand why someone like him would go through the lengths that he did to keep her safe. Then again, her thoughts were more than about death. Her mind couldn't shake him. The way he was so gentle for someone with such a rough livelihood. Though he kept her guessing on the ride back to her dorm. He didn't tell her much, only that he wasn't gonna hurt her. She would be safe as long as he had a say. Y/n chose to forget his ominous words and focused on forgetting the night as a whole. 

"That's not good, try drinking some tea before bed at night and don't stay up too late to study, you're too intelligent to let sleep mess up your grades." West rubbed Y/n's back in a reassuring gesture. 

Y/n gave her a soft smile. "Thank you professor, It won't happen again." 

The professor returned the smile. "Of course, now don't be late for your next class." 

Y/n rushed off to her next class, which was just a study hall class, so she could go back to her dorm as long as she logged onto the class to mark her attendance. She opted to take that route since she was already so tired. She wouldn't possibly be able to make it to the lecture room. It wasn't like she needed help or anything.

On her way back to her dorm she encountered her roommate. "Hey Melanie!" She waved her down. Melanie stopped walking and turned towards the sound of her name. 

"Hey Y/n!" She greeted her back. "I didn't see you last night, did you come in late?" Melanie was light skinned and adorned baby pink dyed hair in its natural curled form. She wore mostly alternative styled clothing; fishnets and her signature septum piercing was the daily. 

The way the girls' dorm was set up was like an apartment with two small rooms and a bathroom and a small kitchen combined with a living area. It was much better than the shared room with no privacy, however it was more expensive as well. 

Y/n nodded tiredly. "Yeah I just got home late, that's all."

Melanie frowned. "Did Leo take your keys again? I didn't see your car next to mine."

"I uh let him borrow the car for the night." She lied. She didn't feel like being lectured about her letting her ex get away with doing that to her. It was a reoccurring thing and yet she still managed to let it keep happening. Not that she hadn't stood her ground. She had hid them, filed it as stolen when he had taken them, and even threatened to sell the car as a whole. 

Melanie gave her a look which Y/n responded with a defending "what?" She brushed it off and kept walking. "You gotta be careful Y/n! Campus police just posted that they found a half beaten frat guy along the route you go." 

Y/n's breath hitched. "Really?" Her mind flashed back to the night. 

She nodded. "Yes really. You could've been killed."