VII

"Again!" Ariel shouted over the music blaring through the speakers. Today it wasn't just Ariel and Y/n, but a couple of others in the room as well. They were doing their own separate activities. Like the two men playing basketball and the man lifting weights. However, Y/n was learning new moves to fight. She was practicing hitting the red pads in Ariel's hands. One punch to the right, another on the left, knee to the groin, then finish with a punch to the face. 

Y/n was getting used to the moves, it had been a week and a half since she had started training. She only got a couple of days off and even then, she wasn't resting since she was doing homework the entire time. She understood why they were going so fast. Chris wanted her to be able to at least defend herself before she worked so closely behind him. Eventually she could go back and work on more moves, but the three weeks was just prep. 

"Sloppy, try again!" One punch to the right, another on the left, knee to the groin, then finish with a punch to the face. This time Ariel countered it and punched Y/n in the face. Y/n blinked a couple times but came back with a right hook to her Ariels face; however, Ariel side stepped that too and kicked Y/n's legs. She crashed to the black mats below her. 

Y/n groaned, purple starting to litter the smooth skin of her arms and sides. "Enough, please, I need a break." Tears threatened to leak from her y/e/c eyes. 

"You aren't fast enough, if it was a real threat you would be dead." The woman ripped the velcro of the red pads. "Henry!" She called out. 

The taller medium fawn skinned man stood to attention, he was bulky and had black hair with a beard. Henry was his name and he was one of the closer ones to Chris. He was one of the three closest men in Chris's circle.  

After putting down his weights he walked over to the two on the training mats. "What's up?" He toward over Ariel even though she was already 5'9". 

"Let me use you to show her how to dodge." With that he simply nodded and got ready to hit her. Ariel instantly found his weak spot to put him into a compromising situation. With her defense, she could have easily broken his wrist. "See, the faster and more accurate you are, the more deadly." 

Y/n nodded her head and committed the move to memory. She got up from her sitting position to face the two mobsters in front of her. Her ribs ached and she felt like she could hardly breathe. "I don't think I should continue, I feel sick." She held her ribs. 

"Fine you can go." She drank from her water bottle. "We'll start back up tomorrow afternoon, so get your rest."

Y/n thanked God for letting her get out of this intense session. It was going to kill her if she stayed any longer. grabbing her bag, she headed out the gym and made her way down to the parking garage. In the garage she saw her boss getting out of the Escalade, the same one that was used to pick her up. He was dressed so sharp. Freshly trimmed beard, with his black sweater and pants. Plus the silver chain that dangled around his neck to match the one-hundred thousand dollar Rolex he sported.

He looked around before laying his eyes on Y/n. Taking off his glasses he spoke, "Oh Honey, what happened to you?" It was the first thing he noticed. The purple/ black bruise starting to form under her eye. He moseyed over to see her weary smile. 

She shook her head. "Just training sir, it's nothing really, I'm going home to put some ice on it right now." She assured him. 

He shook his head and gestured to the elevator. Let's get you some ice and a first aid. I have some in my office." He offered. 

"I can just get some at home." His offer was very tempting, but she shouldn't be getting too close to her hot boss. However, some of his ice wouldn't be too much of a burden.