Book 2: Chapter 7: Zemo's Plan

It had been a week since Sam and Bucky had got here and Zemo had noticed something.

They actively avoided each other but when they were together... It was perfection.

Zemo had a plan.

He knew Sam and Bucky would work better together if they just admitted their feelings. They were perfect together.

He just had to force them.

He cooked a nice romantic dinner and set up one of the basement rooms. The walls were perfect. No way to escape. This would hold a super soldier and Captain America for a while.

Zemo paused.

Maybe if there was danger they would be quicker to admit their feelings?

Zemo mulled over the idea.

Nah that would be too mean.

But how would he get them down here?

Ah.

***

Bucky finished the apple he'd been eating. He needed some form of sustenance as he had forgotten to eat for the past day. Sam walked in.

'Hey Bucky!'
'Yeah?'
'Zemo wants to show us something'

Bucky stood up and left the room with Sam. He hoped whatever Zemo wanted to show them was useful.

He liked the house but he needed usefulness not comfort.

'He wants us in the basement'
'Huh... Thats weird'

They made there way down the hallway until they reached the stairway to the basement.

'He said to go down here'

Bucky nodded and stepped down the steep steps, careful to not fall. Falling from a height was the last thing he wanted to do now.

As he got to the bottom he noticed his surroundings. Grey walls. Grey floor. But as he got further down it became nicer.

He could smell a sweet scent... Vanilla? Rose?

Scented candles.

As he reached the bottom he noticed Sam was looking confused.

'Do you smell that?'
'Yeah. What do you think it is?'
'Smells like candles'

Bucky could see that there were 2 rooms but only one had lights on in it. He walked down to it. He knew Sam was close behind.

Hm.

This room was different.

There was candles? A TV? Flowers? And... Food?

Bucky was confused. What was the point of this?

He could see Sam out of the corner of his eye as he walked in. He looked completely bewildered.

'Uh... Where's Zemo?'
'Maybe in the next room?'
'Probably'

They both turned to the door.

*Bang*

The door had slammed closed.

'What?'