Book 2: Chapter 28: On The Roof

Bucky sprinted for the roof with Sam close behind.

'No Bucky! He's stronger then you think!'

But Bucky was too fast and was way ahead. He hadn't even thought about it but he knew Alex needed to die.

He didn't care.

He climbed the steps to the top and burst through the door expecting to see Alex standing in front of him.

But no Alex.

Bucky shook his head, feeling dazed.

Focus on what's real Bucky.

Their was a weird piece of... Machinery on the centre of the roof. Similar to a satellite dish. Bucky walked towards it, on guard. Alex was probably near by or-

'Hello Bucky'

Bucky spun to see Alex, leaning against a wall. He gritted his teeth and glared at the man in front of him.

'Shut up. What's this?'
'Oh Bucky... If you want me to tell you you'll need to be a bit more polite'

Bucky didn't even pause. He just walked straight up to Alex and pulled out a knife.

He wasn't stupid. Of course he had a weapon.

'Why don't you tell me?'

Bucky raised Alex's chin with the knifes edge. Alex gulped.

'OK ok. Relax. I'll tell you'
'Go on'

Alex tried to push Bucky's hand away but the knife just came back.

'It's a chip device. I chipped everyone in the city and when I turn it on I'll be able to control everyone'

Bucky's mouth dropped open and he lowered the knife. He swore and grabbed Alex roughly marching him to the machine.

'Turn it off'
'Well... The thing is. I can't-'
'TURN IT OFF'

Alex stiffened and walked towards it. Bucky watched closely to make sure he wouldn't turn it on.

Wait.

He had forgotten Sam again.

He turned around. It was quiet again.

Too quiet.

Oh no.

He spun to Alex but he was already being thrown backwards by a blast of energy from a weapon.

He blacked out briefly but then opened his eyes again to see Alex fiddling with the machine. He tried to sit up but slipped down.

'No! St-Stop it!'

Alex turned, smirking.

'Sorry 'Jamie'' And pressed a button.

Nothing happened. Nothing obvious.

Until Bucky heard the sounds.

Screaming.

'No... wh-what did you do?'

Alex stood up straight and waved at Bucky.

'Bye bye Jamie!'

More screams.

Bucky couldn't move to help.

He fought to stay conscious. Struggled. He threw the knife he held, hoping for a solid hit on Alex. To his surprise it hit his ankle causing him to cry out.

Alex spun, angry. He pulled the knife out and marched towards Bucky.

Oh no.

He stood above Bucky.

'That was a mistake'

He raised the knife.

'What-NO!'

He stabbed him. And jumped off the building.

Bucky passed out.

Before everything vanished he heard a sound from the stairs. Steps and voices calling his name.

Hands pulling at his arms. Crying.

'BUCKY!'
'C'mon Buck... Wake up!'

Gone.

OK this was insanely lazy but I need to do the last chapter of this soooo.... Yeah.

But apologies.

It was also REALLY SHORT.

But next part will hopefully be out soon 🤞

Love y'all ❤️😊