Chapter Twelve.

We walk off together, stepping onto the dance floor and making our way to the table that John, Simon and now Roger occupy.
I smile, remembering the girls that they were talking to.
Nick lets out a groan, rolling his eyes as he spots the girls too.

"We're off."

Nick says, taking his jacket from off the table that I accidentally left here.
He swings it over his shoulders, annoyance showing on his face since neither of them answered, it makes me slightly agitated as well.
Nick tuts loudly, before reaching for the cigarette that was in John's mouth seconds prior.
John finally snaps his eyes away from the girl and to Nick, confusion on his face.

"Hey! What are-"

I try my best to hide my smile when Nick blows the smoke into his face, setting the cigarette back in his mouth.

"I said we're off, John."

He says, I can tell Nick really doesn't like to not be listened to, I like that, because I'm the exact same.

"R-Right, can't you see I'm busy?"

He slurs quite drunkenly, his eyes a bit red, many drinks on his table, Simon is still in deep conversation with the other girl.

"I think you should be off now too, Nigel."

Nick whispers, he seems serious this time, wanting to look out for his friend. I can see the use of his birth name is something he uses in a serious situation.

"I'm fine, trust me."

John whispers back, taking the last inhale of his cigarette before stubbing it out in the ashtray.

"Okay,"
Nick begins, looking to the other girls who are looking to be bored of their conversation.

"Goodnight ladies, I hope they don't bore you to death."

Nick says with a wink, which John gives him a playful slap on the arm for the comment.

When my face hits the cold air, a nice sensation fills my body.
The club was very stuffy and now I realise that's probably why I was so flared up in there.
My walking is a little tipsy, the ground below me feels as though it's swaying, I can tell Nick takes alcohol better than I do, which annoys me.
I think of how he reacted when he saw the girls with John and Simon, it was annoyance and prediction, I've got a funny feeling it happens quite a lot, I'm sure they're all always off searching for girls at the end of the night, I mean- why wouldn't you be?

"So, you think John and Simon will be able to make it home?"

I ask, a part of me is joking I suppose, but really they did look smashed, I can already feel the hangover for them both, I'm just a slight bit tipsy, Nick's drank more than me but looks as though he's sober when he's beside me, although I can still think straight and I don't think I'm at the point of saying anything I'll regret in the morning.
Nick looks up in thought, putting his hands in his pockets as it becomes colder.

"I'm sure one of those girls would be happy to help him home."

He says, turning to me with a smirk.

"I'm guessing they're always off chasing the girls at that place, it's full of them."

I say, recalling the amount of girls I walked past.

"Yeah, they're always away with birds while I sit alone and drink myself silly."

I tilt my head to the side, why doesn't he just do the same? I don't get why he wouldn't find a nice girl to go home with, I'm sure many of them find him attractive.